Essential Buys

Guest Skaha

I'm trying to figure out which cd's to order without having heard much about them (in some cases); so which of the following do you think are must-have CD's?

Segment - ZMA

Entheogenic - 3d Relax

Cross Link - Digiboga

Sunrise V/A - Medium

Yumade - Klanguage - Databass

Solstice V/A - Solstice/Elejam

Sunset Boulevard 2 V/A - Sunset

Guest cyber

Entheogenic is very nice but I don't think It'll be regarded as timeless classic because Shpongle did it already. If you like Shpongle chances are you'll like this but I would like them to have little more originality with what they are trying to do.

I disagree, Entheogenic is beautiful music weather or not they are the first to make it should have no real importance. After all, we listen to boom boom boom boom from about a thousand different artists. It's fantasitc if you like chill music. I'd say def get that one. I hope more artists attempt to create the shpongle sound.

as far as the rest i dunno i heard solstice was good...

if you liked Mana Medicine check out:

Elucidations

which is a follow up. also

Macao Cafe

is some really nice jazzy chill music.

if your looking for some more frontier kinda stuff i'd say look at these: Psychedeliclly yours

Psychovader

really really trippy mind twisters...

also, if you like GMS try:

Psydrop - The miracle man

If you like bad ass shit try:

Prodigal Sun - Twisted Harmonics

If you like Melodic full on try:

Electric Universe - Unify

Guest Goagabba

Solstice is amazing. Some very classic tunes on there already. You'll be hearing these songs at all the summer festivals. Get it get it get it : )

ENTHEOGENIC - a must have and already a classic.

I don't get the same vibe from Shpongle -

Get it and you will not be disappointed !!!

Guest Lifeform

Entheogenic is alright. It's not amazing, and frankly... Not that psychedelic if you ask me. Everything is very flat, and they rarely use any effects at all. Basic sounds... Uneffected beats. It's still a nice listen, but far from a classic. And i can't help but to compare them to shpongle since they use alot of the sample vocal samples, and try to capture the same mood. Shpongle is WAY more involved and actually captures the grittiness of a psychedelic experience. And Entheogenic... Just like i said, barely uses effects to create the psychedelic mood. They have some nice melodies, but just like the first track is entitled... There still at Level One.

Guest Gorgonator

skaha, Ignore the above posts and please listen to me my friend. The one cd from your list that is ESSENTIAL is :-

SOLSTICE V/A - ELJAM.

Please beleive me when I say this cd is fantastic, speak to chaosunlimited and they will confrim its simply one of the best releases this year I kid you not.

Not really essential you say dam10n, I smell a conspiracy here your pockets are duly greased my friend.

Peace !!

Also very ESSENTIAL is :- SAFI CONNECTION - PRINCE OF PARANOIA. This is truly the best release so far this year I.M.O.

Bom !!

VERY VERY essential to any collection is the Acid Test comp. that came out on Doof Rec. recently. It's a whole nother way of looking at psy trance these days.

Guest jonathan

I would say the crosslinks is the most essential out of your list.

If you like chillout you will love ethnogenic.

The Yumade is really nice also but that really depends on your style of of music.