SUN project @ sydney

Guest combeferre

I was too broke to go to this party (SUN project at sega world in sydney) and I'd really like it if someone told me that it wasn't very good, that it was as crowded and over-hyped as mushroom was when they played there, and that it wasn't worth the $50 ticket, so I wouldn't feel so bad about missing it...if this just isn't true and it was a stomping party then I guess I'd still like to know so I can make sure I don't miss the next segaworld party...but is anyone else getting a bit sick of cool acts coming into town only to play in indoor venues in the middle of the city?? eg Logic Bomb, Infected Mushroom and now SUN project at sega world, and even worse, Ticon playing at PLANET HOLLYOOD !! I know it doesn't make the music any less arse-kicking but these venues (and the arsehole security that comes with them) really detract from what could be a much better night... sorry to rant and rave here, I should be happy that these guys actually come here and that I don't live in Darwin or wherever where I'd have to travel for miles to see them...and at least theres Mumbo Jumbo at glenworth to look forward to for new years... =)

Guest [tom jaimz]

Ok, I've been away from Sydney for about nine months now so I can't really give a full opinon.. but the reports I've heard all say that SUN Project was a pretty good party.. if you want fresher Sydney-based psy news I'd suggest you subscribe to Oz-Trance [oz-trance.hivemind.net]. There have been two reviews so far, and both were positive. However, I share your pain at the parties being indoors, but this is mostly because the Artcore crew, who are responsible for all the above parties that you mention, are focussed more towards big-budget productions. Flying SUN Project to Australia, even when the costs are split with Melbourne crews, is still very expensive with the distance involved and the low value of the dollar. Because of this outdoor parties aren't as financially secure - factors like rain can cut your attendance by half - look at Antix last week. Also getting it all 100% legal is another expensive mission.. this is why when big crews like Artcore put on outdoor parties [like Summer Dreaming], they are always massive productions - 'cause the hassle of making an outdoor 100% legal means if you're gonna do it, do it hard.