Alien Community

Guest Astro Cortex

Guest Astro Cortex

Alien Community (1993 Fax)

Posted Image

1. 65:47 Interdimensional Communication

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

written by Pete Namlook & Jonah Sharp

Here is one of those Fax albums that consist of only one hour-long track. The track is indexed every 10 minutes (so your CD player reads it as 7 tracks) but it's in fact a single coherent piece. They did this to all the single-track Fax CDs so that you can skip easier through the track, but it wasn't necessary IMO as these discs must be listened to from start to finish anyway :) .

Interdimensional Communication shows Pete Namlook's darker side, musically. Don't expect something like Luciana here, it's much more active than that one, almost IDM-like. It starts out rather quiet, with some distant background ambience interspersed with all sorts of bleepy alien noises. It's like receiving acoustic signals from some far extragalactic civilization. This soon gets accompanied by a manic but subtle rhythm section. The piece is constantly building up tension, with a hyperspaced, darkish synth sweep drifting in and out. It's quite easy to focus your attention throughout the disc, as it's building up several rather intense climaxes. A fantastic space trip B)

Again a very hard to find release (only 500 copies exist, like all Fax CDs from '93) but Instinct Records reissued it as a double disc (with the even better Alien Community 2).

• 1 year later...

I have the orignal fax release of alien community 2 but in order to get alien community 1 I had to get the double disk

so now I have 2 alien community 2's

anyway I've heard this track plenty of time on Digitally imported radio but I just got this CD a couple days ago

its just a bunch of melodic bloops and bleeps with occaional creepy alien voices

It really puts you in a psychedelic daze

10/10

• 1 month later...

Whoa ! What a psychedelic trip ! Awesome work ! Both volumes ! Very trippy, very alienish, and yet not too complicated. Hallucinogenic material ! 9/10 :D

Guest Astro Cortex

Whoa ! What a psychedelic trip ! Awesome work ! Both volumes ! Very trippy, very alienish, and yet not too complicated. Hallucinogenic material ! 9/10 :D

Vol. 2 is da bomb. Definitely in my top 5 Namlook discs of all time.