A top dj lifestyle

Guest Avogaden

This week we were talking about how much the acts from the top artists would cost.

Now really lets think about. If you are a top dj, and youre price is, lets say, 1500 dollars, with all the aditional costs covered by the party production.

You play at least every saturday.(probably more, sometimes less, but lets take this example to make our scenario easier).

You will have at the end of the month something like 6000 dollars. So... your year budget would be 72.000 dollars.

And all this, we only assume that the artist is playing 1 time a week, receiving 1500 (witch we know the top djs get more), and we didn't even count the money they get from cd sales.

Now, these guys travel all around the world, always beeing well treated, with people givin them the best products (drgs) , playing for a big audiences.

COME ON!! I WANNA BE DJ!!!! heheeeh

Just kidding.... @!#$...wheeew, this would be the perfect life for me.

Guest Andy

never seeing your friends, getting stitched up by promoter's, not getting the agreed sum of money - i know what you mean but i dont think its all great:) - still i'd be willing to give it a try anyway!

Guest Avogaden

Bro... of course its not a wounder dream life.

But nothing is all happiness.

I know this other side of the profession. But every career you choose there is going to be good and bad things.

Guest Kakoolalajwal

Money, money, moneeeeeeeeeey !!!!!!

You're my Honey !!!!!!

In a Riches Men Woooooooooooorld....

Guest sukanta

what's up load??? remember me ??

(mister beuh-air) ;)

are you goin' to voov ??? i allready have my ticket (i'm going by bus with voyages 4a)

see u

bom

Guest danger

Lots of rumours here. There is no dj who get 1500$ for a set, not even on festivals. Artists can get more, but thats the good way. They deserve it.

if they get the money from the promoters!

about the cd sales: Avogaden, do you support your favourite artists?

Guest ether

if what danger is saying is true, then no wonder a lot the psy artists and djs choose to go another route. @!#$! I want to get payed for what Im good at!!!!!

also, is there a high probablity that a psy promotor will not pay the djs or artists???

why not get 1/2 in advance(month) and the other 1/2 an hour or two before getting on stage? this way if they dont pay you the other half you walk out on the party...

Guest akindo

This is what the organizer says: "It depends on how many people come." Not to the big names, but to the other ones.

akindo

Guest bugbread

The thing that would kick my ass is not being able to hang out with friends. Imagine being an international, travelling DJ. No girlfriend, no good friends, constant jetlag...Yech.

What WOULD be sweet would be to be a famous DJ in a major city in Europe (London, etc.). You can fly out (or drive out) to another country for your show, and be back the next day, hanging out with friends, writing music, etc. Get to see a lot of places, take occassional trips to places further out...nice. No jetlag either.

Organizers are tough to work around, I suspect. If they're local, you know their reputation and can talk to other artists, but if the organizer is in some far off country, you have little way of telling whether they're wonderful or a horrible fiasco.

Guest bugbread

Hmm...I believe that van Dyk (Paul, not Mijk, right?) often might get $30,000 a set, but I don't think he does every time. After all, I'm seeing him next month, and tickets to the show cost the same as tickets to Benza & Mr. Peculiar's show, at a place with roughly the same capacity, so either he's doing it cheap or Mr. Peculiar is about to do a $15,000 show (hehe)