V/A Vox Draconis [Moonstone]

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

V/A Vox Draconis [Moonstone]

Tracklist :

1. Blackout – Lemon Strike

2. Nasa – Ultrasved rmx

3. Sesto Sento – Sentomental (BLT remix)

4. Doopler Doopler – Survival

5. Freakulizer – Identity

6. Hooshagenii – I Want It Now

7. Jeremy – First Steps

8. Mahamudra – Eve

9. Paradigma – Progspacive

Compiled By Dj F-Rat & digital mastering by Dj Bog.

1. Black Out (Elad Ohana & Oren Azulay) offers a bouncy,groovy fat bass with a muffled grey cloudy morning layered atmosphere. It’s a very decent typical groovy full on from Com .pact/Moonstone with an additionnal floating oniric touch, much more better than their first track released on Moonstone.

2. Nasa (Mikkel Rasmussen) brings at his turn some proggy vibes, more groovy & still morning melodic. Around 5’40 the harmony turns to more gothic background chant for a swift break before a final speed up.

3. BLT (Yuli Fershtat) remixed Sentomental in a groovy way with lot of contrast between tones (rythmic & bass especially ) while the melody vanishes at second plan, the typical sound you can expect from BLT indeed.

4. I will make the same notice for Dooper Doopler (Dave Ilia) as i did with Black Out : Survival is a nice improve compared to his first track released on Moonstone. This time the tune is a quite coloured full on stuff.

5. Freakulizer (Simon Schwendener aka Dj Thujon) /surfers with the borderline of cheesyness. Indeed i’m very shared about this one : sometimes i enjoy it a lot (the tremolo lead at 4’00) & other times i find it to be too clubtrance commercial (the lead at 5’30), it’s all about a matter of mood context.

6. Hoogshagenii (Marcel Kung) still lacks a very little something in order the production looks cleaner & smoother & more coherent. For example of he could avoid his childish/cheesy melody on the end, the whole would sound nicer ; some more efforts & the next time will be the good one.

7. I think this Jeremy (Jeremy Refson) is the same who’s appearing in Buckle Up track released on Trancelucent. He’s supplying a classic energic & melodic israelian full on after a very asiatic sounding melodic intro. I was referring to the track Buckle Up previously, indeed the tones (brassy) & the build up are very likey to this one.

8. Mahamudra (Ran Malka, Eyal Cohan & Sagiv Ben-Giat) confirms with Eve the potential enterseen with their first track ‘Metal Ethnic’ released on Stardust. The track consists in use of metallic (bassline, quite present hithat) or sharply designed tones. I find the rythmn to be syncopated a little by moment & globally slowly jerky, bouncy. The simili harp lead around 5’00 is not matching perfectly with the harmony to my taste but it doesn’t last longly, so i doesn’t really bothered.

9. I think upto now i only heard productions where they were featured (with Sesto Sento for example),so this first solo Paradigma (Tony Levi & Rafi Maharpur) tune is a nice groovy & funky melodic tune with some use of cool layers (at 3’12 & 5’27), there’s also an intelligent use of fresh sample in guise of break : at 330 « beyond the moon …we’re going to space).

Vox Draconic evoluates between soft melodic full on, morning &proggy stuffs but don’t forget one thing here : the groovier is the better, definitivly would better fit to morning & proggy lovers and finally sounds better than 1sr Moonstone compilation Stardust & much more better than all the last 3 Com.pact compilations released ; so the climaxs are :2,8&9.

Alternative choices :1,3,4

Final point, you've got a nice artwork from Nomgy like it's oftenly the case with this dude.