Strange thing about burning cds

Guest Avogaden

@!#$!! I'm pissed!!!

I use NERO, and today I was trying to burn a track and something strange happened.

The track is infected mushroom vs GMS - death killer.

It is about 13MB and 8:22 minutes.

But when I drag the track from the directory to the window where the tracks you are burning are, the track only goes to 3:20 minutes!!!

No matter what I do the matherfokar doesnt burn the whole track!!!

I downloaded three versions with different names and sizes of the track from AG and still... my problem wasnt solved!!!

Please!! Help me. What the hell is going on??

aaahh!!! And dont even come with that cheap talking about buying the cd cause this track is unreleased. (I guess).

: )

Any ideias whats going on?

thks

Guest AtomikElf

that sh!t happens to me too!! it SUCS, and i use a different program called "Roxio Easy CD Creator" hehe............and i have no idea why it cuts time out some of the songs.

Guest Stamper

okay, this is slightly of the topic ...

but when I burn a CD with NERO, when i have to push the little burn button ...

I always have to sing that melody of the discosong disco inferno ...

it's irresistable !!!

burn baby burn ...

Guest Steve

...it's a track encoded with variable bitrate...and i guess nero just has problems to calculate the real track-length...if you haven't already burned that song i suggest you to do that and see what's is the track-length after burning...i remember the times when winamp showed also false track-length with vbr-files although the file itself was complete....it was just a "optical" failure....

hopefully it'll help you...

Guest Psychedelic AllabertA

I also agree with the two above, it may be a VBR mp3 file and the program cannot read it's length correctly, and decoding to wav always helps...

Easiest way to convert an mp3 to wav is with Winamp, go to "options -> preferences -> output" and select "nullsoft diskwriter plugin". Play the track, and instead of coming out of your speakers it'll be written to the hard drive in wav format. =)

Guest none

WHY DONT U BUY IT?

kidding...........i have a couple of mp3 tracks, can i burn them directly from mp3? what program is the best 4 this purpose? Does it means less quality than burning pre-decompressed files?

Guest Avogaden

Yeah!!!

That was exactly the problem!!! The bitrate is all messed up. Thats probably it!

I had tought about exporting it to wav but I was late for university and I couldnt try that. Actually i'm right here now. When I get home I'll try making a wav file and then I'll post here if it worked!

ALLABERTA, when I do what you suggested us to, the track will be written in the hard drive in what folder??

I can select the folder right??

Thanks to everyone out there who helped!!

Guest Gusto

Have the same problem with some songs...

2 solutions...

1. KICK your computer... (sometimes it helps, but not in the Nero-case...)

2. Try another program (e.g.: Musicmatch Jukebox --> this is the best!! )

Nero sucks...

Guest Psychedelic AllabertA

none: If you burn mp3s directly to an audio CD, it means the decoding will take place at the same time the CD is written. The program decodes mp3 files and writes that decoded wav data to the CD at the same time. There is no difference in the sound quality between this and burning pre-decoded files. Decode files to wav before recording to a CD only if your CD-recording program gives you trouble. P.s. My WinOnCD 3.8 PE program handles all mp3 files well, VBR and normal ones. Check if your program can do that, if not then pre-decode with for example Winamp and then burn (baby burn... =)

avogaden: you dan select the output folder easily... just select the diskwriter plugin and press the "configure" button below...

I use CDR-Win and hav had any problems...

the thing is that ther are some certain tracks that actually can't be burned right. I have a few wrecked Machines tracks and when I burn'em the song time is not visible... weird don't ya think?

v4K

Guest no name just a game

i use soundforge to open mp3s and save them to wav filez..... then normalise the levels of each track so that the album has songs at the same volume levels the whole way thru.