groove

Guest raindancer

I' just saw 'Groove'. I'm impressed by this movie. I coudn't imagine a movie like this existed, it handles about the goaraves in all aspects. It shows how it's like on the parties (or its trying to) and also explains everything of medema, and the fluorosticks and deco included. I hired this movie in my local moviestore! and the makers of it organized parties as well. What was their intention?

don't really understand it. anyone does? the movie exists for a couple of years, many people had to have seen it already.

I know it's difficult keeping goa a little quiet and 'underground' but making a movie of it?? naah.

Guest Setsuko

hé raindancer, in which moviestore did you rent that movie...

I would like to see 'groove' , and which partieorganisers have made that movie..

Guest raindancer

setsuko, just call some stores in the yellow pages. it's made by partyorganizers from illegal houseparties in san fransisco, also real dj's appeared in it (john digweed f.e.)

maybe the music wasn't really goa, psychedelic though. but the party came close to a goaparty, maybe rather to a rave. and 604 appeared in I think psyonic.

(ps: belgian goaheads--> newyear--> DAD or Enchanted??? hard to choose.)

Guest spirit_dancer

i saw this movie...no way close to a goa experience...the music wasnt goa..and most of the djs played eurotrance (digweed)...if it was openair..maybe a little better...but considering it was in SF..probably some goa influence..not too much though...

Guest Phaedrus

I thought the movie was cool.

I also enjoyed "Better Living Through Circuitry" (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004WMG0/qid=1007671800/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_3_1/104-6053803-9016759) which is a straight up documentary on rave culture and people. Has lots of good interviews with "mainstream' techno DJs/Producers - Keoki, BT. Crystal Method, and on and on.

I don't suppose anyone knows if there are plans to release "Karahana" (sp?) on DVD?

Guest wiedewiet

i saw the movie a couple of weeks ago too,

in the movie does appear 604, it's when the organizers meet to set up the party (not sure though) , they show the time than , and that is 6:04pm

i think i also chose for "enchanted"... although DAD will be cool too

PsY greetings

yeah Phaedrus, a guy i know brought the movie out to australia (and lost a shitload doing so)... (BLTC)

I thought it was pretty good, and there were some trance artists in it, like Medicine Drum and a couple others I can't really remember.

I'd love to see Karahana & that one about goa...

anyone know a dl? (no flame war intended)

Guest raindancer

kay enchanted foresta here we come!

and mE I said iT was more like a rave but I think they tried to look it like a goa.

nemera, any idea how to get something total?

Guest marbleman

what the hell are you talking about? this movie had digweed in it and focused on san fran. raves.

its mdma

and how did they try and make there own culture look anything like the goa culture?

and plus. groove sucked.

sorry :D

Guest Phaedrus

Who cares what kind of muisc they were playing?

It was about a group of people getting together to listen to tunes and share a good vibe. If thats not in line with the supposed goa spirit, I don't know what is. Unfortunately a lot of us have become elitists and intolerant of other people's tastes...

Yes I failed to see how John Digweed has anything to do with the pys community,

althought the movie was entertaining in spots it was not the oh my god you gotta check it out.

Better living throught circuitry is out on DVD, in Canada anyways.

Lair