PTX - Participate In The X-Periment (Bionics)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

PTX – Participate In The X-Periment (Bionics)

Tracklist :

1. Participate in The Xperiment 146 bpm

2. Who The Is 145

3. Better-Fly 146

4. Toxic Part Of Town 145

5. Face It 140

6. Politically Correct 145

7. Blutooth Generation 146

8. Wonderland 145

9. Outro Electro 130

PTX is David Chen, 29 years old from Tel Haviv. He has been already released a few tracks on Com.pact & Bionics. This is his debut album which was mastered by Ido Ofir (Domestic) with the participation for guitar playing of Tomer Ben Ari (track 5), Ophir Leibovich (track 9) & vocal sample of Ifat Kohen.

First tune, is one of the most brillant among the album. It comes from an uplifted feeling confered to this eponym track album & you never recover as strong in the following productions.

Who The Dj Is, for me finds his climax with his long sample around 5’00, quite funny deep woman voice that also explains the first looking ‘engrish’ title…

Better-Fly holds the most peaceful asian influences sounding in the album after 3’35 alternating with most boisterous moments, one of the most complex build up.

PTX is going more kickin this one & uses more agressive tones. I got a little worry when the brassy melody appears at 2’40, i don’t find it to suit very well with the global harmony. I think a remix with some changes through the melodic leads or the way to bring the melody could be nice  .

There’s a small gap in the quality production in the middle of the album, particularly noticeable with Face It. Nothing really bad but I don’t get hooked by something special here indeed :/ .

Politically Correct is on the bouncy way, once again PTX strikes back with another nice sample in relation with the title, so i like its mischievous spirit. After 5’20 there’s also a nice backgrounded neo-goa tasty peak for me.

The tones are more strident in Blutooth Generation, but i don’t catch its energy.

Happy sounds open Wonderland & cool twisted tones are following. I give a special attention for the discret froggy background sound & punchy climbing build up.

Contrarily to the name Outro Electro, this sounds freestyle midtempo for me. The melodic guitar line is very sweat accompanied with several muffled, fluffy leads & kinda gothic vocalizes.

Climax :1,3

Favourites :2,6,8,9

All in all, this is a decent full onl album result ; i hope it’ll help PTX getting a bit more recognition as he’s probably underrated for the moment. PTX Your Participation In The Trance Xperiment mission is coorectly accomplished, now prepare yourself for new musical challenges, that will be your next mission. This message will auto-destruct in 5 seconds…