Wah wah pedal

Who plays guitar know what I mean.

I wanna know what the wah-wah pedal do. Is it a cut off pedal ? or some other effect like phasing ??

259838[/snapback]

It's essentially a filter effect, a band pass filter I think. However I don't think you can simulate it using a synths bandpas filter because I think it's shape allows some frequencies above and below the center frequency. So think of it as a band boost filter.

Does that make sense ?

Andy

It's essentially a filter effect, a band pass filter I think.  However I don't think you can simulate it using a synths bandpas filter because I think it's shape allows some frequencies above and below the center frequency.  So think  of it as a band boost filter.

Does that make sense ?

Andy

259951[/snapback]

Ok, you mean I can make something like that using an equalizer ? Or is it more like a random filter ?

Ok, you mean I can make something like that using an equalizer ?

260265[/snapback]

You could but it would have to be a parmetric filter. Move the center frequency up and down to give the wah effect. I'm sure there's a good wah wah effect out there though. I use the Sonitus one that comes with Sonar 4 myself.

Andy