What was D-Dave reading at PLUR2???

Guest moondancer

No one answered my question on the PLUR2 post (I can understand thatn since I replied a bit late...), so I'll ask this again: D-Dave was always "consulting" a little book while playing. What the hell was it?????

Well, what do you think it was??

When I was playing I was always checking the backsides of my cd's... That's because I play with cd...

D-Dave plays with DAT (so no backsides) so, what can there be in such a little book................??

hahahahaha... => Sorry, schlabbaduerst-disease...

Bom Shankar!

Anoebis

Moondancer I didnt want to answer your question under the PLUR2 post cause you made an ass out of me. The "technical problems" werent my fault! Read the PLUR2 post again and you will understand why the sound went dead!

Now heres an answer straight from the source:

It is called a DAT-book. It is very common among DAT-DJs that want to keep track of their usually huge amount of tracks. It is useful for writing down the times and BPMs of a track, information that doesnt fit on the small DAT-cassette covers...

DAT-DJing is/was very common in Goa, where everybody used DAT-machines a couple of years ago.

Since DAT-machines dont have pitch it is difficult to beat mix. I still did beatmixes (which many DAT-DJs think is impossible!) so screw the people that think I didnt mix!

It was actually quite good mixing for a DAT-DJ... :P

*turns around and goes away with nose in the air acting hurt but is actually laughing as usual*

Hi Dave

I didn't said you don't mix, I said you didn't mix much wich means you don't mix long.

I heard you did some beatmixes. But I didn't wached you all the time, so I didn't know you were playing with DAT's. But indeed, for a DAT dj you weren't mixing bad.

But hey, taste can be different!!! I came from the techno scene, so maybe I have another vision on the mixing!! But I liked your music and once again the mixing wasn't bad :-) But mostly I don't like DAT dj's

Next time I will think more before writing ;-)

Guest moondancer

Hey, Dave, I didn't say it was your fault!! I just found what my girlfriend said was funny, but I never said that was really what happened!! Sorry if I insulted you or anything, that wasn't my point. You did a really great job out there. And I didn't know you were using DATs or else I wouldn't have asked this question...

Thanks for the infos everyone! And, again, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, D-Dave!!

Hehe you didnt.

I was just pulling your leg a bit.

I think I drove Anoebis and his girlfriend Lore nuts cause I laughed at everything all the time. :)