V/A - Chill Out 6

seraph

CHILL OUT 6

TUA-REC

CD 1

1. VOLLDAMPF - START TO DREAM

2. DEEP DIVE CORP. - BALI HI

3. SOFTWARE - PRESENT VOICE

4. KOXBOX - A MAJOR PROBLEM IN AUSTRALIA ( SAAFI BROS. RMX )

5. ELEA - SAFE

6. HIPPIEHAUS - B MOVIE

7. SUN PROJECT - SOLITUDE

8. 10CARS MEETS THE GAB - DUBLICITY

9. TODDY AMIENT - ENDOR

CD 2

1. Y -ORBIT - START THE MACHINE

2. RA - SIRIUS

3. CHI - A.D. - TRANQUILLICY

4. LUMO - SCART

5. DISCO SLICKERS - JAMES BLOND THEME

6. PSYCHONAUT - SPIRITWALKER

7. HALDOLIUM - LE CIEL EST TRISTE

8. EYLIN DE WINTER - LONGING FOR GALA

9. SYMBIAN - BLUE MOUNTAIN

10. DIMENSION 5 - MIND TO MIND

So, here is the sixth volume out of this good ambient series. This volume is slightly weaker but it still has lots of very good tracks. START TO DREAM has nice background and effects but it has very boring, repetitive sample ' Start To Dream' that stretches through almost whole track that lasts 11 minutes ! So boring, I find it as one of the weakest on compilation, just beacuse of that annoying sample, it could have been much better. BALI HI is typical Deep Dive track, deep, tropical, smooth and very gentle. PRESENT VOICE is pretty nice track, being slightly simplistic but still effective. A MAJOR PROBLEM IN AUSTRALIA is one very good remix of original, it could almost compete with original how is good. SAFE is pretty boring song with some lyrics, I don't like it at all. B MOVIE is very good even though the name of the track doesn't sound promising. SOLITUDE is one of the better ones on first disc, very floaty, dreamy with perfect female vocals on top of it. Another perfect Sun Project ambient, shame they never decided to make entirely ambient album, they sure know how to create such tranquil atmosphere. DUBLICITY is exactly how is described and it is pretty good. ENDOR is very nice chilling track, finishing first disc good.

Second disc starts with another average one but then slides into 2 amazing ambient pieces...SIRIUS is one of the most serious melodic ambient songs I've heard. His melody is so enlightening and every time I listen to this track I feel overwhelmed and emotionally shattered but in a very good way. Best on second disc for sure with Mind To Mind. TRANQULLICY is third best, being another amazing Dave Young mature piece. This guy is really making such serious music, almost everything I've heard from him sounded mature. SCART is nice track, sympathetic and short. JAMES BLOND THEME is pretty good rework of that classical theme, that is even psychedelic. L.E CIEL EST TRISTE is perfect progressive ambient track, also very mature structure and with perfect production. LONGING FOR GALA is nice but lacks something to be very good. BLUE MOUNTAIN is such nice, melodic and melancholic track and surely one of the better ones as well, with spiritual pads and melodies all around. Then comes another best one by masters Dimesnion 5 - MIND TO MIND...Huh, very psychedelic and synaestehetic ambient works. Simple perfection...CD 1 - 7/10, C D 2 - 8/10