Concepts releases how do they do it ?

Guest Rain

I always wonder how do they create concept cd's... like 'mystery of the thirteen crystal skulls'... How do they manage to create the same feelings in tracks written by other artist...

What I'm trying to say is... Do they send an email too like 25 artist with the message?... Hey were trying to make a concept cd about blablabla... Every 25 artist make a track and they pick the best 7... How do they create the message?... Do all those artist know each other that good?... Do they have briefing about the cd ? :lol: ... mmmmmmmm the last one is a bit too far I think...

I'm cucrious anybody knows ???

i guess it doesnt have to work like this every time..

but in the crystal skulls all the artists know each other ( at least i think so ) and they are not THAT different sounding from one another. so when they try to go a bit more downtempo (esp. skulls 1) and share samples (they did that didnt they?), the tracks will be kind of similar.. i dont know if the mastering process has something to do with it also..

its funny im trying to think about other concept albums but cant think of any right now...

only one about environmental degradation which is still under discussion/construction.....

Well, basically, those TIP compilations are always chosen by Raja Ram who in dj life sucks big time, but in compiling and making concept compilations he rules. Ever since his first concept album TIP - Mystical Experiences he started doing concept compilations which were Mystery Of Yeti 1 & 2 and they are to me maybe the best concept ALBUMS around. It was followed by Infinite Excursions, Mystery Of Thirteen Crystal Skulls, Secret of Thirteen Crystal Skulls, Twelve ( ambient compilation ) and I think that he does ring the artists and suggest them general idea of his and of course they'll accept cause it is him plus TIP label, one of the most popular in the scene. The point is that if any concept is serious enough everyone would contribute no matter the time or money, it is conceptual making for the sake of art, and that is why I like concept cds, they make sense, they are presented seriously without any pretentiousness. I also liked Eclipse, Kumharas, Mountain High concept compilation albums...