Chris Organic Interview

yantra

Psylosophy: From Organic Records comes a 3CD compilation featuring generously donated tracks from the biggest names in chill-out and trance, with all profits going to the Disasters Emergency Committee. How did this idea come up?

Chris Organic: I think, like most people, I was really shocked to see the news and what had happened. When they started to appeal for money and help, I was thinking that it would be nice to contribute, but in a way that was much more meaningful than just giving £20 to charity. So I discussed the idea of doing a CD release especially for the Tsunami disaster with the other guys in the label. At first we thought of doing a CD single, with some nice tracks from our next few compilations, but as we discussed the idea with more people, we realized this should be an album.

Psylosophy: What was the reaction of the artists in the compilation?

Chris Organic: Mostly we had an awesome reaction. Some tried to find ways of making money from it, others just made our life hard with constant complaints and stuff, but most of the artists were very cool.

Psylosophy: How do you see Organic Records in a few years?

Chris Organic: Well being a future-thinking guy, and always trying to see the bigger picture, I think I’m going to be a part of the new wave psychedelic revolution which will take over the world and make people realize that fabricated sell-out pop music is pure evil, and share some paradise for my retirement with my friends and allies from the scene who made it all happen.

Psylosophy: Plans/projects for the future?

Chris Organic: Sooooooo many plans! And alot of projects in action..... the Digital wizards series is a very exciting thing, because the whole idea with that is to open up the boundaries as much as the DJ wants... no straight-line, full-on psytrance all the way! Certainly on my mix there will be alot of vocal tracks, some more experimental ones, and even some more proper progressive music. I'd say to anyone looking for a change in the scene... watch out for what Organic is doing! 10 years touring, and

You can check the complete interview in www.psylosophy.com

Maximum respect to Chris Organic for what he has done with the tsunami cd !!!

all the profits revert to the tsunami victims =)

That´s what the spirit of psycehdelic culture is all about!!

Peace