Logic sound problem

Hi All!

I've got a problem in Logic (ver 5.2.0 / PC). If I play some complex VSTi-s, the sound goes noisy and raspy, with clicks. All these instruments sound perfect, when bounced, and also in standalone mode. I'm just wondering, that there might be a setting, which I couldn't find, which would make my setup perfect. I tried to look for it in environment, and in the audio settings - I use Audigy 2 ZS with KX driver, ASIO driver is set). So please help me, if you can, I really need it now! Robin

vbegy2@freemail.hu

One thing that could be worh checking is if increasing the latency will help.

I also get clicks when using the lowest latency settings for my pulsar.

There could also be something that needs tweaking in your windows setup.

A page with some advice about audio specific tweaks is:

http://www.musicxp.net/tuning_tips.php

At least make sure to go thru that list.

Logic is fuzzy about the system configuration and can run like shit if you have a complety untweaked system.

And I would recommend to use version 5.5.1, the latest and last PC version.

SoundBlaster + PC Logic with clicks and dirty signals is very common case.

KX Drivers very very depends on your system performance, so if you have more complex setup

then it makes the shit you're describing, like if applications have suddently much bigger priority than kx asio driver so it stops working correct.

Only thing that always helped in cases like yours was throwing away sb & kx and buying for example cheap m-audio audiophile pci which is great asio studio card without problems like SB has, and costs somewhere around 100-120eu/$. This will definitely solve your problem. I also had sb & kx for some time and it was nightmare, i spent months setuping and tweaking the pc and the result was always very minimal, so it's question if it's worth of the time...