2. BLUEPRINT

3. SHECAN

4. MY TIME IS YOURS

5. THE TRAIN OF THOUGHT

6. TRANSMUTATION

7. CUBIC

8. NETHERWORLD

9. RISIN

We have here Oliver Lieb freestyle ambient rework of his previous trance singles. But, what a rework album we have ! This is easily one of his finest and most sophisticated works by now. He is one of the rare guys that didn't sell or went berzerk and he remained faithful to his spirit and at the same time progressed and developed real professional skills as a prominent musician. He has numerous projects, I believe that he is one of the biggest chameleons around. He is producing everything, from liquid, trancey songs to more progressed house or downbeat techno. He is surfing on real waves of sound absolutely imaginatively and creatively crafted my himself. He has his world and style no matter what style he chooses to make. He is one of the talented german musicians ever. This album, I can call it album, even though it is rework of previous stuff is fantastic examination of various, variable moods through electronic collage. He is experimenting with mellow, melodic structures followed by some liquid breakbeat or progressed IDM waving up and down soothing melodic sections with some strong beats and stunning effects. This rework is true masterpiece and every song is absolutely brilliant. HEARTS opens very gently with crystal noises and effects driving for first three minutes before recognisable melody enters. It's smooth, gentle structure really sets an atmosphere for this journey. It continues to more melodic BLUE PRINT that carresses you and gently entrances you more and more. Another perfect rework. SHECAN is picking up the pace and slowly developing into some primal, subversive atmosphere before it crispily slides into MY TIME IS YOURS. This rework is one of the best on album cause it goes more into breakbeat with Chemical Brothersish beat and drive. What a change for Oliver Lieb ! You could swear he done with them actually but no, it is purely himself doing every single sound in here. THE TRAIN OF THOUGHT is nice, trippy break between previous and next one TRANSMUTATION. This is another perfect rework that even reminds a little bit on FSOL, with rhythm and beat. Filled with stunning melody and great effects, this another atmospheric piece of music really sets for climax of the disc. CUBIC opens brilliantly and very shiftingly slides and penetrates your brain with incredible dignity. Long, melodic lines are floating and you feel the journey really climaxes here just before NETHERWORLD...Whoa ! One of the best here...he mixed 3 different genres in one; pure, uncorrupted ambience with gentle breaking beats and psychedelic downbeat. Shivvvering ! This guy can't miss anything ! And then comes THE BEST ambient track here, RISIN...This ultimate perfection, slightly melancholic but powerful cause of juicy, psychedelic effects through whole track. This song perfectly finishes this amazing album. It couldn't have been done better ! This is one of the best albums from last year. It is very progressed, innovative, fresh, crystal clear, beautiful, concise, and Oliver really can't dissapoint, at least as LSG project...The only problem is that he made it as one track, so the tracks aren't separated between each one, but that doesn't bother me so much cause when you listen to this album, you can't imagine yourself stoping any track, it is that good. You can buy this album with remastered second disc of his ultimate trance classics. Get it if you are seriously into experiments and real progress of sound...11/10

I am a big Oliver Lieb fan, but I just can't get into these reworkings. I'm not saying it's bad music, but it just isn't my style. I much prefer disc 2 with the original tunes and a couple of "techy" remakes. That one is a definite 10/10 in my books (or 11/10 if you'd like :D)

What exactly you didn't like about it Dragonflier ? Is it cause he reworked it in ambient and freestyle or it is just the content ? Cause, the content is pretty various and it is like hearing dense collage of sounds and layers. I found pretty amazing how he developed his style during years and how he didn't corrupt and started producing commerical music as 80 % of pioneers these days...The only thing I mind is because he didn't separate tracks...I so much wanted to play individual track when you mix or want to play to someone something specific...

I'm not really sure how to explain it, I like some ambient and downtempo, but this just didn't do it for me. Perhaps it's because I recognize the tech-trance tunes when I listen and want the tunes to be more banging, I don't know. I probably should listen to it again sometime soon. :)

Dragonflier, you should really listen to it again, cause there is so much to discover there. His constant using of different pads, moods, atmosphere changing non stop really deserves attention. Tell me when you hear it again, but don't listen to it str8...;)