DOSSIER

1. MORPHOLOGY

2. TRANSHUMANIST

3. SHOCKWAVE

4. DIMENSIONAL SPACE

5. HYPOXIA

6. OTHERWORLD

7. IN FOUR DIMENSIONS

Here is the second part of their wonderful Spheres. It is closely tightened together cause they use similar sounds and soundscapes, but it is somehow different than first one. It is still spacey but with little more melodies and stronger beats. I can say that is more modern than first one. MORPHOLOGY is as the title suggest, very morphing and layered. It is very gentle and melodic, one of the better ones on album. TRANSHUMANIST explores less calm realms and reminds a lot on Synaesthesia structure. SHOCKWAVE is another great, morning song. It has 303 and somehow stronger kick. DIMENSIONAL SPACE is pretty short and it could have been longer cause it is very good. HYPOXIA is a stunning track. Very trippy and generic again filled with 303 sounds. OTHERWORLD is also short and sounds like trippy new age. Then comes the BEST song on album : IN FOUR DIMENSIONS ! Wow ! Easily one of the best Delerium songs, extremely melodic, melancholic, trippy, enchanting, positive and it lasts 12:30 minutes ! Absolutely wonderful ! This album also deserves 10/10

this has a very sci-fi "in-space" kinda feel to it; the samples about HAL from the 2001 movie really help this. as i remember it, for the most part it's not overly aggressive or dark... you just kinda drift in space past alien planets.

I've not heard Spheres 1, but this along with the Synaesthesia albums was part of my early "ambient education." :)