Help! Cubase trouble

I just bought this E-mu Proteus X VSTi module & 0404 Audiocard

(to use temporary until i can afford a tascam fw1884)

Anyhow, the card is in a pci-slot and everything seems to work fine also Proteus X as a standalone, but when i try to record some audio from an external synth in cubase, i can hear the audio in my monitors (not really monitors, but nevermind) and cubase doesnt react in the status bar nor when recording, so i tried to look at the tracks inputs, but there is nothing else to choose than the selected one (stereo in)

Now i want to make music, SO HELP ME!!!!! :):o:)

ok, nevermind i made 2 mono tracks, but why can i not make one stereo?

205974[/snapback]

Hi, what version of cubase is it? You have to enable STEREO tracks in your setup. But it depends from version to version how you set that up.

In SX 2 it is like this:

First you have to see that you have the inputs set up in VST connections

Posted Image

then you have to add a stereo audio track.

Posted Image

then record on that track and its stereo :)

oh it seems to work i just tried, sorry to trouble you  :rolleyes:

Now i can fullfill my dreams, soon i will surprise you with some of my first psy-productions  :D

205985[/snapback]

wait wait, did you setup asio for the EMU card?! :)

I also have SX2, but i dont get it, take a look (its a E-mu 0404 if i didnt mention it)

I hope you can figure this one out - because i can't  :)  :unsure:

205984[/snapback]

Mate, you should take that "theme" off your XP machine, it will fasten up your computer hehe (Just a tip)

Go here for tweaking of your studio XP computer :)http://www.musicxp.net/

Yeah, i did set up the asio, i found out it had a control panel called DSPmix that i had to configure correct, it was configured to only use optical channels, so it's fine now!

I knew about it would help to collect more resources to work with by disabling the xp style, but i'll take a look at your link :)

I have by the way been working all day with music now, i havent slept since i came home from work, and i don't regret it :D Electronic music is just great :)

Yeah, i did set up the asio, i found out it had a control panel called DSPmix that i had to configure correct, it was configured to only use optical channels, so it's fine now!

I knew about it would help to collect more resources to work with by disabling the xp style, but i'll take a look at your link  :) 

I have by the way been working all day with music now, i havent slept since i came home from work, and i don't regret it  :D  Electronic music is just great  :)

206031[/snapback]

Good! :) Then youre all set again. The link is well worth looking at. I have set up 3 diffrent OS partitions on my computer. I have one that I do all my gfx work from, that I also use for testing purposes, I run all my virus scans and defragging from that partition as well.

The second OS partition I have for music apps testing. So if there is something that comes out new, then I install it for testing there first.

The 3rd OS partition is of course my production partition, and that one ONLY has the apps that I need for producing music, it is very stripped down. This way I dont have any junk laying around and dll's that might load that are not needed at all.

Then I have one Samples partition and one Downloads partition.

That is the best way things work for me, and has done for others.

Just to be a bit techy hehe :) I will now go to bed, as I am totally empty of resources for today, it has been a very long and heavy weekend :(

Good! :) Then youre all set again. The link is well worth looking at. I have set up 3 diffrent OS partitions on my computer. I have one that I do all my gfx work from, that I also use for testing purposes, I run all my virus scans and defragging from that partition as well.

The second OS partition I have for music apps testing. So if there is something that comes out new, then I install it for testing there first.

The 3rd OS partition is of course my production partition, and that one ONLY has the apps that I need for producing music, it is very stripped down. This way I dont have any junk laying around and dll's that might load that are not needed at all.

Then I have one Samples partition and one Downloads partition.

That is the best way things work for me, and has done for others.

Just to be a bit techy hehe :) I will now go to bed, as I am totally empty of resources for today, it has been a very long and heavy weekend :(

206037[/snapback]

It seems that you are a very wise man Mr.Nemo :)

Once i get settled (and have the money) i will order a new motherboard + 2x xeon-processors (64) & then i will use old parts to create a machine for the same purposes as yours, and disable the internet from the Music-computer - and only use it for my projects!

I got the Proteus X VSTi included with the sound card - or actually it was the Sound card that was included with the Proteus, but anyhow, this piece of VSTi is really amazing with their patented Z-plane filters you can do pretty insane stuff :D

You should check it out sometime if you have the opportunity!!

Can you btw recommend me some nice filters for the breaks in psytrance? You know when the beat stops and it slowly plays up to go off again people always get the sound more & more screaming and aggressive?

I have the demo of quantum-fx, & i think it's okay but im sure there are better filters!?

I you don't know the Gat'R, then you should check it out!! I'm considering buying it, you know - it's not very nice when you have a great effect and it plays that demo-noise every 30th second :angry:

Take a look if you dont already know it Gat'R