- Banco de Gaia

- Ooze

- Patchwork

- Alien Mutation

- Optic Eye (later Optica)

- X.I.S.

- Deep Space Network

- All the Pete Namlook releases

- Beyond Records releases like Higher Inteligence Agency or Tuu or Electronic Eye and so on

- If you like all releases from the Label Elektrolux and Mikrolux

The rhythmic ambient that takes me places the most is that by Steve Roach. His "Core" and "Blood Machine" are VERY psychedelic journeys, I would pick them above any "psy-ambient" any day of the week. For me personally, Steve Roach is to Shpongle et al what 2D is to 3D. Now don't get me wrong, I like Shpongle (at least the first album is brilliant), but this is on a whole other level.

Admittedly though, this is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison... but if we're talking (mostly) all-electronic, rhythmic, ambient and highly psychedelic music, the two albums mentioned above are among the most impressive pieces of work I've ever heard.

Another highly recommended album is this: Solaroid - "First Wave". A very psychedelic journey, without ever stooping to cliché drug samples and silly sounds. This is deep, dead serious stuff.