Access virus B or Nord rack 2 ?

• 3 weeks later...

I Lately got myself a virus b and a nord rack 2, and from my experience , Virus is Kick ass for strings, pads , Craaaazy fx's , Nord rack has more of sharp , harsh , sounds , and also possibility of very nice bass .

Choose them Both :)

Well .. some additional ideas .

When i Bought Virus b , it came Loaded with Sounds ... 1024 of them , and also there were loads of new sounds on the access website , and replacing them with sounddiver was just as easy as schratching my head .

When i got Nord rack .. i experienced that it was from beginning "limited" to a bank of 99 and a bank "b" also around 100 sounds . And only the 40 steps in one bank could be replaced without bying a pcmcia card, with this card u get to store alot more sounds and have some more space , But this i didnt know before bying ( to impulsive maybe :) ... Also the amount of sounds to be downloaded are not as many as for the Virus , But ofcourse this forces one to start tweaking those knobs to create ur own :)

Imho i would go for Virus , and then later jump to Nord rack , unless u can get a pcmcia card and a nord rack within the same price range of a virus .. then its a tough decision :)