Compressors?

its just my opinion, but i think wut u need is a multi purpose unit...for live, a compressor/limiter is favorable, basically a maximizer..however, if u can get hold of some decent plugins your problem is solved...ull probably save a lot of money and space..so yeah, just master your tracks before hand and ure all set...most club set ups have a limiter or compressor on hand so u can use that...but if ure all for outboard gear, then go for it...some compressors ive used in the past include dbx and bss compressors...for the price, they sound alright, but again, id opt for compression and maximizing in the mastering process rather than in a live set up...u have more things to worry about than compression..focus on your performance...

just my opinion..

abn

• 2 weeks later...

not totally spectacular but does the job at reasonable price.

TLA Fat-1

Its a tube comp so if your looking for clean trasistor compresion you might not like it but if you want to like you said fatten a synth or drum machine then ya, it works.