Festival and Party

Maden

Hello all.

I have two question about festival and party around the world.

After having been to the boom festival and being ill :wacko: (bad health) i was sad to not catch enough the energy off the sound, so i would like to know wich other festival or party worth the travelling ... i live in france.

And in a second part, i would like to share my opinion about the sound system. boom festival 2004 used as a fourth source off sound to diffuse the music and where the people are between the speaker (dancefloor) to trip ... the big problem appear to me as a disturbing echo (delay in the sound) between the speaker :blink: ... am i alone to be disturbing by this ? why a such festival as boom can give a so big trouble in perception off the sound ... . the best sound system i heard was sound system in a line, and not a square in spite off it was a little party and a pretty little sound system. i prefer this because that give a clear sound :D .

give me your advice about festival, and opinion about the sound ... every word welcoming, i feel alone with this problem.

Thanx

For a little party a square is pretty cool. For large open air areas I prefer the system Dance a Delic (Belgium) uses for their festival. Some subwoofers and "little" tweeters all over the area. You can compare it with a Bose system. It gives the best sound in open air I have ever experienced. Of course the DAD festival is only for 5.000 people and not 20.000 as the Boom festival.

Crystal clear sound is important for any party, I get annoied when the sound system sucks.

if you are ever travelling to Cape Town, South Africa (and you should, its one of the most beautiful places on earth), Try go to a Vortex party or an AlienSafari (www.aliensafari.co.za) or just look on www.3am.co.za for most psyparties in South Africa. Vortex is the loudest but most mainstream (not as mainstream as house-muic clubs though)they are massive outdoor events, and they have the best sound system i have heard in my life. 80 000watts last time i checked...

Alien Safaris are smaller and more underground, however they rock more than anything. they are awesome.