V/A - Raveloution Reloaded

Lemmiwinks

Posted Image

1. MELICIA VS PSYDROP - Massive Trance

2. ASTRAL PROJECTION VS DYNAMIC - Mohadive

3. SKAZI FEAT. ISABELLE - Revolution

4. INFECTED MUSHROOM - Deeply Disturbed

5. SUB 6 FEAT MICHELE ADAMSON - Ra He Ya (PsySex rmx)

6. ASTRIX - Kali (GMS rmx)

7. ALIEN PROJECT VS PERPLEX - LSD

8. SPECTRUM - Sub Zero

9. VOID - The Fly

Apparently Raveolution is a big psy festival in Israel and this CD contains tracks from the artists that played there. As you can see from the tracklist, this is as full-on as it can get... however the comp has it's moments and is actually one of the better comps of this year!

I like Massive Trance a LOT, it's one of my top tracks of the year! The oldschoolish melody that kicks in around min 3:45 is a KILLER!!! It makes you go absolutley insane on the dancefloor... or at home!

Then a new track by none other than Astral Projection !! VERY dissapointing this one, it almost sounds like a parody of older AP tracks, there are some sounds/ melodies reminiscent of old Astral but it doesn't "go" anywhere, there's no substance. I don't know, maybe if this was labeled only "Dynamic" and no reference to AP then I would've found it acceptable but once you know that the psytrance masters are involved you can't help but feel a little dissapointed...

Then Skazi gives us one of their typical tracks, but they add a distorted female voice shouting something about a revolution (can't make out what cause it's too distorted) and there's a melodic and VERY catchy bassline!! All in all I must admit that I like this track very much! It's not your typical psy but it's a FUN track, brings a big smile on your face. Of course for it to make it's effect you need a system with LOUD bass.

IM brings us an airy track with ome accoustic guitars in it, it sounds nice but almost commercial... although it's nice for chilling in the sun. I have pretty mixed feelings about this track, it really depends on the mood you're in, sometimes it sounds very very good and other times it sounds very very bad...

Then we have a Psysex remix of Ra Heya ... to be honest i never understood the hype behind this track. Granted, it's not your average full-on but IMO it's not good either...

Kali is your typical full-on (well it's made by Astrix and remixed by GMS so what would you expect?). Nothing separates this track with the other 1001 full-on clones...

Then comes LSD . Rest assured, it's not some crappy full-on remix of Hallucinogen's masterpiece (thank God for that...), it's just another track with the same name. It's full-on but there's a slow airy synthline all over the track, like it's announcing something to come. I really like the effect it makes. Then indeed, around minute 3:30 the climax arrives, someone saying "at the time I had experienced most commonly available drugs including LSD for a number of times but only weekly... and a friend of mine gave me some... LSD... did not quite realize..." Very nice effect on the whole track. I like this one a lot as well, proof that there's still for innovation in full-on.

Sub Zero is full-on with some nice melodies in it, it's a pretty nice track as well but not a memorable one IMO.

The Fly is more on the experimental side and contains a lot of melodies and sounds that remind those 80s console games. It also has a darker feeling to it which is odd cause usually comps have darker tracks in the beginning and more "light" tracks in the end. It's an interesting but not really my cup of tea...

Conclusion I must say that overall this is one of the best comps of 2004. Yes it has a lot of full-on in it but most tracks are above average and they all inspire having a good time at a party!!! 8/10

faves: 1 (!!), 3 (!!), 4, 7 (!!)