1. Gaudium – Liquid Frequency 7’48 / 136 bpm

2. Symphonix – Submit 6’19 / 140

3. Casui – Air On A G-String 9’32 / 140

4. M-Sphere – Stonewashed 7’56 / 140

5. Cosmic Tone – Execution Rmx 7’41 / 142

6. Mandylion – After Dark 10’15 / 140

7. Mandylon – Nocturne 8’26/ 140

8. IFB – Timebender 7’30 / 145

Compiled by Dj Bim, Mastering by Marc Engeman (Element)

Gaudium (D. Bayramovski & A. Wennersklöd/Sweden) delivers a stomper proggy tune nothing bad here but nothing brainblasting too, a good warm up to enter this compilation.

Symphonix (S & S.Wötanowski aka Dj Golkonda & Dj Montagu/Germany) with Submit or how to make a winning phat proggy production, just listen & try to recover the receipe. In the middle, you’ll notice a sample of an late 80’s eurodance song appearing twice during the the track (I’m doubtfully thinking about Roselyn Clarke – Eddy Steady Go but if someone could infirm or confirm it).

Casui (S.Hoffmann, side project of Native Radio /Germany) don’t convinced me that much on its first 1/3 despite the violins leads, then things improve into nice & subtle-deep morning prog production with for example a sweet melody chime like break around 7’00.

I don’t dig a lot into the M-Sphere (M.Kaiser/Germany) ‘s tune, boring even with some 303 that don’t save at all the thing at contrary.

Cosmic Tone (R.Nissan/Israël) has made another morning track, the same kind of the ones appearing in his second album which means for me unfortunatly a bad news : always the same sounds : same kick, same hithat ,same leads except one softly orientalized ; same way of playing melody (which looks like all his previous ones). Since Cosmic Tone has became a solo project , the quality has totally dissapeared , i hope for the guy he would be able to change the situation quickly & turn it positivly for him.

Mandylion (F.Louw & M.Thole/Netherland) – After Dark, something more interesting now in a darker way but still progressive & also slighty psychedelic, you’re immersed in a nebulous atmosphere with exhausted feeling on the end with a more pushed rythmic & bassline.

Same band with Nocturne, seems to be a quite calm night proggy stuff upto 5’00 time when it gets a bit more nervous nevertheless the muffled spirit predominates all along.

I.F.B stands for Insitut Für Bassforschung (D.Voss aka Dj Examino & D.Weber/Germany) , Timebender is a typical fast chunky groove but & that’s the big originality, coppled with hacked electric guitar riffs a la Tim Schuldt which means fatty & slightly satured sound confering also an old school goa touch to the production.

Best moments :2,3,6,7,8

Mark :7,5/10 ( quite worth it for the discover of Mandylion or for the Symphonix & IFB tracks)