3. Sheap? 9.34

4. Revelation 0.30

5. Truth 9.25

6. True 4.46

7. Revelation 1.18

8. Kraak 12.18

9. Revelation 0.29

10. Thru 9.22

Ah another one of those oldies :) I actually bought this for 1 euro on eBay!

A little history lesson for those interested: PWOG is a belgian trance act from the time that EBM ruled the scene and Ghent and Antwerp (2 Belgian cities from where a lot of EBM artists and record lables came from) were the capitals of everything "hip". Since trance evolved from EBM, a LOT of very early trance and psytrance was released by belgian EBM lables and there were quite a few Belgian acts involved, like PWOG.

So on to how this sounds: this is another one of those trance acts that would be considered by today's standards mostly ambient. But the music is sooo damn good!! The general feeling is very relaxed and aparently monotonous. However once you pay attention to the tracks you realize that they're not just never-ending copy-pastes of loops, but on the contrary, with each loop there a little progression. The music constantly changes but almost impreceptibly. Ah those were the days ;)

A Kind of Prayer lasts for almost 20 minutes and has that very slow progression I've been talking about. It also has some djembé sounds so it seems tribal-like. Very nice :)

Sheap and Thru are more in the "spooky experimental beatless ambient" territory, if you like Klaus Schulze stuff, you'll probably love them, personally it's not my cup of tea.

Truth and True would be pure chill-out by today's standards and IMO they could still be played in a chill-out set our days. They both sound more like 2 different parts of a big track than like 2 actual different tracks. Truth has a very "hip-hopish" beat, while True has a more mystical feeling to it. I like these a lot!

I know that Kraak was seen as a masterpiece back then, now it sounds more like some chilled-down techtrance. First techtrance track ever?

oh yeah and the very short tracks (less than one minute) are basically some bits with some VERY wierd experimental synth sounds.

Conclusion like with TranceEurope express, don't expect this to rock dancefloors ourdays but it's nice to see how trance was made back then + some tracks still have value in a chill-out set.

Lemmiwinks (aka moondancer on older psynews reviews)

i only have a single with a mix of "kind of prayer." i'm more drawn to mixes of "maenad" on the b-side - hypnotic. the use of the sharp asian horn (don't know the name of instrument - this same horn sound is heard in music from korea to turkey) is genius.