WHERE TO BUY?

Guest Kiva -- Green Sector --

Hey i was wondering how much this CD cost? Was it released on a label from this website or an established label. Do the artist get compensation if the cd sells copies. Lastly where can i buy the two previous winning cds?

There's still only one comp. available in shops, goes by the name of "Psychedelic Sparks" and it's the fruit of the first psynews.org contest and was released by the label Inpsyde media. The second one "Another Demention" is still in development and it should be out on the shops soon.

The third contest as just started, mars and children are still trying to find 5M of free webspace to upload the participant tracks.

About the artists. I think they don't get any profit from the sales of the comp.

As i said there's only the first comp. available. You may buy it here:

www.saikosounds.com

www.trancetrax.com

www.chaosunlimited.co.uk

Peace. :-)

""This contest is NOT commercial in any way. Let us remind you that we have managed to run this site until now without earning a single cent for it. We won't sell your tracks, we don't aim at making money with your work. if someone should be rewarded, this is you only. if one day a label is interested by some tracks or our concept, then we'll negociate for the best interest of the music-makers""

>>>Is this contest different from the previous two? This statement throws me off. I visited the sites you recomended (chaosunlimited.co.uk) and they were selling "Psychedelic Sparks" for 13 and some change U.S dollars. Did the rules in this paticular contest state that they were going to make and distribute?<<<

<<>

""We don't know every track on the planet, thus, to prevent people from cheating, you have to send us some sources (cubase file / ft2 file / impulse file, even without the samples) as well""""

Ok,

what im asking and trying to find out is are people buying thier way onto a label by participating in this contest.?

If psynews says this....

"Let us remind you that we have managed to run this site until now without earning a single cent for it. We won't sell your tracks-...."

Then i visit a few sites that you recomended and see that in fact "Psychedelic Sparks" is for sale and not only in one place, a few.

This was a previous contest. The "fruit of the first psynews.org contest and was released by the label Inpsyde media." as put by you.

So i want to know,were the artists from the first contest aware that they were submitting tracks that they were not going to get a penny for after the comp was released by that label? and were the rules to the first competition clear about that.

My next question is.... are the participans of the new,(3rd) contest going to submit tracks that will then be selected by a jury who will turn around and give to Inpsyde Media to sell? If so i think the above statement made by psynews.org is kind of misleading.

Sorry if i was confusing. hope this is good enough.

Guest Kiph T. Elephant

"So i want to know,were the artists from the first contest aware that they were submitting tracks that they were not going to get a penny for after the comp was released by that label?"

What do you mean they didn't get a penny? I'm sure the artists were compensated.

And winning the contest does not mean that your track will automatically go on the compilation. Only part of the winning tracks are put on the comp and I believe they sign a separate contract for that. The label can't release a track without the artist's permission.

"We won't sell your tracks, we don't aim at making money with your work."

This means that Mars&Children won't make any money of it. Of course the label and the artists will.

Here's a link to a discussion about the contract: http://onewayltd.dyndns.org/psyforums/read...3&i=1208&t=1206

Thanks for the link ill check it out, as for this topic...The artist were compensated! i just found that out from children. My mistake for jumping to conclusion ! Well you live and learn.