What do you think about my track? - its the first compo ive

Guest Astral Grotto

Ive never entered in a contest at all before. I just got a korg electribe EA-1 about a year ago and ive been interested in Goa/Psy for about 5 years now. I tried to make something a bit oldskool sounding and used a lot of "pseudo-arabian" patterns. Its just in my country "USA" people dont even know what Goa is, and the best thing to them in clubs is "ghetto house" its kinda sad. I wish i could get some good Goa acts to come to clubs in milwaukee. Infected mushroom's website said they were going to milwaukee but it was a mis print (montreal). :( I love so much psytrance and I wish i could see some live acts. Let me know what you think. I made it on a 333 Celeron with a very bad soundcard. Had to maximize my cpu usage :P

-Dave Willems

Astral Grotto

sorry dude, personally don't like the track "harvest of the sages"

it's well layered i'd say...

it sounds to me like tetris game music to me... 'nitzhonet' or whatever the Israelis say...Very cheesy in my opinion.

Guest funktion

ah..it's not that bad..it's well arranged and held together..and i think it gets alot better about half way thru..and i really like that one sound..varoomm or whatever ya know? :)..pretty cool..just keep up the hard work, and the music will only get better..peace..

funktion

Guest Astral Grotto

Thanks for the opinions. I appreciate constructive criticism. I guess im a cheezy guy sometimes though. I wanted the song to start out like a sunset after harvesting magical herbs, and after the harvest the magical spells start to take shape and manifest themselves in a ethereal sort of way. I think about 1 min 46 secs is when that takes place, and then the sages celebrate their successful harvest. It sounds sort of lame, maybe a little final fantasy storylike. But thats what ive always been into. Dream theatre, Symphony X, Infected Mushroom and Hallucinogen are my top 4 groups. 2 epic metal 2 epic psytrance/goa. With a touch of darkness. Anyone who likes psytrance, seriously check out the album V. The new mythology suite by symphony x. Its prog metal but it has a lot of synth and layered symphonic stuff. Very dark and psychedelic, and i think the guitarist is probably one of the worlds best. Its sort of strange really. I started listening to nintendo games and then got into styx and a bbs sysop that i know got me into tracker music (TrIP, Future Crew). I sort of discovered goa trance after hearing astral projection on a friends cd, and realized that there is a lot of similar aspects of goa and prog metal and rock. (Crazy builds, arabian melodies, interesting effects and lots of analog synth). I love both genres and really want to get a new computer so i can try an experiment on merging the 2 genres. Oh yeah and i got into infected mushroom while searching an mp3 enging for dream theatre songs.

And i happened to get a misnamed track Dream theatre - Infected Mushroom.mp3

And after i heard that im like whoa... .this is like some sort of goa thats way beyond astral.. So with that i really really liked infected. They listen to the same non goa as me and pretty much like the same cheezed out video game melodies as me... I really want to talk to those guys when they get done touring. I think they probably like the same sort of stuff as me, musically anyways. And i just saw dream theatre live yesterday :) (I know im typing a lot here but I have strep throat and i took robotussin and i am feeling a little disconnected with my fingers) Im just typing and zoning and typing..... So without further adeiu i will let someone possibly respond to this.

-David Willems / Astral Grotto

CrypticCrunch@aol.com (Yeah i hate aol too)

:P How does infected mushroom get away with all the cheese!

-I love it though. Erez is a nut.

Guest Astral Grotto

Thanks for the opinions. I appreciate constructive criticism. I guess im a cheezy guy sometimes though. I wanted the song to start out like a sunset after harvesting magical herbs, and after the harvest the magical spells start to take shape and manifest themselves in a ethereal sort of way. I think about 1 min 46 secs is when that takes place, and then the sages celebrate their successful harvest. It sounds sort of lame, maybe a little final fantasy storylike. But thats what ive always been into. Dream theatre, Symphony X, Infected Mushroom and Hallucinogen are my top 4 groups. 2 epic metal 2 epic psytrance/goa. With a touch of darkness. Anyone who likes psytrance, seriously check out the album V. The new mythology suite by symphony x. Its prog metal but it has a lot of synth and layered symphonic stuff. Very dark and psychedelic, and i think the guitarist is probably one of the worlds best. Its sort of strange really. I started listening to nintendo games and then got into styx and a bbs sysop that i know got me into tracker music (TrIP, Future Crew). I sort of discovered goa trance after hearing astral projection on a friends cd, and realized that there is a lot of similar aspects of goa and prog metal and rock. (Crazy builds, arabian melodies, interesting effects and lots of analog synth). I love both genres and really want to get a new computer so i can try an experiment on merging the 2 genres. Oh yeah and i got into infected mushroom while searching an mp3 enging for dream theatre songs.

And i happened to get a misnamed track Dream theatre - Infected Mushroom.mp3

And after i heard that im like whoa... .this is like some sort of goa thats way beyond astral.. So with that i really really liked infected. They listen to the same non goa as me and pretty much like the same cheezed out video game melodies as me... I really want to talk to those guys when they get done touring. I think they probably like the same sort of stuff as me, musically anyways. And i just saw dream theatre live yesterday :) (I know im typing a lot here but I have strep throat and i took robotussin and i am feeling a little disconnected with my fingers) Im just typing and zoning and typing..... So without further adeiu i will let someone possibly respond to this.

-David Willems / Astral Grotto

CrypticCrunch@aol.com (Yeah i hate aol too)

:P How does infected mushroom get away with all the cheese!

-I love it though. Erez is a nut.

Guest divine deviant

Because IM got this 'history'. And their productions r of the highest quality. And because their name is just 'Infected Mushroom'.

• 2 weeks later...