PARTIES IN US?!

Guest boomshankar

Anyone knows where I can find some info about parties happening in USA? Chicago maby? I am planning to go to US and I want to go somewhere there, but iI know what is the scene like.

I know there are parties but theya are mostly underground.

Any web site with info /exept www.psytrance.us/?

Than you very much...

Guest Dr. Cheroot

Have you tried the North America forum on forum.isratrance.com ? I faintly remember there being a recent discussion on psy in Chicago.

For the underground parties, you will need to get on local email lists. Are you going to be only in Chicago?

ummm...chicago huh? best I can do is tell u about sum of the nicer ones through North America- dunno how much that'l help tho...ther r a whole ton happning in Miami near future- but I dunno if you'l be interested in those. Beside that, On the 27th Paul Van Dyke is playing in New York @ Roxy...there is also a scene with Kris B, Eve Falcon and Jethro vs Infinity @ Lava, Los Angeles also on the 27th...3rd March, Michidan, Darude @ club Nightingale. but like i said, the really nice ones like the roam event r gonna happn in Miami, so u might wanna drop in ther 4 a bit. when in chicago, you could try out some nice places- like Pure & Medusa (thursdays). OHHHHHHH..... above alll....IF u can make it to miami, Florida, 6th March, you are gonna b in time 4 the the 6th Annual ultra Music festival. featuring likes of Chem brothers, oakenfold, tiesto, sasha, digweed,van dyke...i cud go on forever!!! so try that....hope some of that helped a bit! ciao then.

Guest boomshankar

@ Dr. Cheroot

I ve read the threads.

Actually I am staying (if I get my B-2 visa) in West Lafayette, near Indianapolis. But the bigest city around is Chicago.

@ Fiz

Thanks man but all the stuff you said is euro trance. I really dont like that. I prefer psytrance and techno. Underground parties, open air... If you have info on that please tell me.

Those clubs /Pure & Medusa/, what is played in them?

psy trance and techno?! hehehe...u just reminded me SO much of sum1 I know.. anyway, did u mention exactly when you'l be there? then i mite b able to help u, coz i think sum1 did mention something big around May-June...I'l follow up anyway. ciao

Guest boomshankar

well is baad thaat someone listens to techno & trance?

aldough i would more like to go ona trance (open air i possible) party in US but if there isnt any i will be satisfied with techno (club indor oriented), but that kind of stuff i can listen here...

i will be in US, and i repeat IF I get the visa, from march till middle of april...

P.S. the site is not available, but I know about that site and it doesnt help...

any local mailing lists?

hehe- nah- psy trance is pretty good- techno..hmm...u hav to be in the mood i think. Anyway- the site is up and running, in fact lemme giv u a couple of parties i got off that site- March April huh? there's psy-energy in pittsburgh in March and psy-circle in San Diego (mid march) which shud be really good, its outdoor...christ- its buzzing- im sure you'l find sum flyers or sumthin once youre there na?

Guest boomshankar

Flyers? Interesting? But where to find them?

I dont know how the music scene works there? I heard that there is some magazine with all partuies info.

I mentioned that i will stay in West Lafayette, so the more neareer - that better!

u know what...I think once u get there, all u need to do is go to a couple of decent clubs like the ones I mentioned, and invarably you'l find someone or the other who knows about parties right? its pretty simple, if u go to someplace that plays the kind of music u like, naturally you'l b surrounded by ppl who like the same stuff and if they LIVE there, they'l know about the underground scene!! makes sense- no? as for the flyers, you'l probably see those at off-beat shops and clubs too. where u from anyway?

Guest Dr. Cheroot

Your best bet seems like NYC (which i'm guessing you will be visiting anyway?). But there might be things closer, though no big names, mostly local DJs.

Email me when you get here, and i'll give u more info/help.

:)

Guest SourMilk

just check the newspaper for clubs and partys. And also you could check the local electronic shops, find that thru the web, or with your contacts in the US (the people youre staying with) or ask downtown directly to people in the record stores if they know any electronic oriented shops...

Guest princess

San Francisco is where you need to be for psytrance in USA

March 13th- Cosmosis @ DNA Lounge

March 20th- Xenomorph, Fractal Cowboys, Ghreg on Earth (mistressofevil_23@hotmail.com)

and soon : Rasta Aliens & Artifact

it's almost outdoor season!

Guest PSYCHIIII

www.psytribe.net mostly around Los Angeles, but fly out there for a party, mainly open air

shalom, salam, peace

• 1 month later...
Guest sistahsol

The Goa Gil party is outdoors in CA Memorial day weekend. Dunno anything in Chicago. But if NYC then try www.omnitribe.com

Peace

sistahsol