Anyone up for actually going to goa?

If you are looking fort parties in india during the summer, don't go to goa- it's dead. Instead go up to the mountains. The area around Manali, Parbati Valley is a good place, can't promise you'll ever come back, it's quite freaky up there :)

I'd be shit scared going up into the mountains alone, do you know anyone who's going up around the 1st July that I could travel with. I'd be fine going to Thailand or Goa or somewhere like that, it's just up in the mountains sounds kind of dodgy locals. I'm not trying to be all touristy and careful becuase i'm not butttt I'm 18 and female and I have no idea where i'm going sort of thiung. But it sounds like somewhere i'd like just from your little description :):)

If it's strictly psychedelic trance music you're looking for, and specifically during the summer months of july-august, then your best options (apart from staying in europe, which isn't much of an option if you ask me, and excluding whatever there might or might not be going on in Central-/Southern-America, as I have no knowledge on the subject) would probably be a.), the afm Manali & surrounding areas (although it has to be said it's the absolute scum of the planet Earth littering those hills esp. summer time, so unless you wish to associate yourself with this kind of white trash, look elsewhere [and before anyone jumps in calling me with names, I'd like to inform I ain't gonna partake this time, I made my point in an earlier thread regarding "places for hippies" or something like that]) or b.) Japan, where there's lots of happening and enthusiastic crowds. Don't know about Australia, probably not much activity during the southern hemisphere winter months (ditto for South Africa) but don't quote me on this. The South-Eastern Asia won't suit you as not much psy there esp. during the low season (Koh Pha Ngan in Thailand has some, run a search for threads on the subject).

I'll be staying in Bangkok some months, renting an apartment there, probably taking some trips every now and then (at least down to Sumatra/possibly also Bali [time permitting]), so why don't you give us a shout if you find yourself around there after all... Always up for a casual drink or four. No psy in BKK but otherwise loads to do and always a party somewhere.

Oh my god, that is exactly what I have planned to do, go to Thailand for a month in the summer, I got a bit sketched out about this mountainous thing and booked a ticket to Thailand this morning. Wierd. But do do give me your e-mail mine's hethem@millfield.somerset.sch.uk and I'm definatly up for four drinks or more.

SPeakez Soon Hopefully

x

• 2 months later...