thailand party info?

Guest matt opul

hiya

where can I find some info on parties in thailand? From what I hear there is constantly parties, not only full moon in koh pha ngan, but new moon parties and just parties, even on other islands/main land...

since I'm gonna be there for about 2 weeks at the end of january, I certainly want to attend a party

thx for any info

im here in thailand now, on kohphagnan. theres not so much going on in bankok, as i read in this forum before, and didnt see anything myself either.

but here on kohphagnan, there are nice small allnighters here every night. sometimes the cops close them down at 2 or 3, but usually they keep going on the beach at zoom bar or vynil club untill things go quiet or untill dawn- though been abit quiet over the last few days !?!? except fro one place not on the beach that is, called harmony club. theres been bangin parties in there with very nice djs. look out for those three clubs on haad rin beach, koh phagnan, nice croud here too, or has been whenever i been here /3rd yr back on haad rin now.

as for special parties, look out for jungle parties, ask at vynil club, where they are organised from. but theres so many here on the island, they are preety short term as far as organisation is concerned. just turn up and burn up. dont worry!

keep off of Koh Panghan.....it's dangerous, touristed and fucked.

the Goa growd doesn't go here no more.

i hear they are organizing parties on some islands (Koh Panyam ????)

on the unspoiled west cost of thailand, near Ranong. trying to keep

the real thing going....beware of imitations

• 1 month later...
Guest matt opul

brett: please explain what you mean by dangerous and fucked? is this from your own experience or from what you heard/read somewhere?

I talked to a few people who went to thailand by now and it seems that koh panghan is still the centre of all psytrance activity. it doesn'T seem to be too crowded or touristy at all, as long as you don't go there around fullmoon.

parties are not allowed to be running longer than 2am in all of thailand, police seems to be VERY strict about that.. which absolutely sucks

• 1 month later...

Koh Pha gnan is a good place as any really. Most of Thailand is touristed as fuck, and any place you find which isn't soon will be. Cops arent's always that strict tho recently yeah things have been a little tighter. Don't go to full moon parties if you can help it, chances are you'll just get arrested or harrassed by the cops for money or something stupid like that.

Me personally I'm stickin to Bangkok. I know it's not exactly the center of trance but there's always a good time to be had if you know where to look (or do a little exploring).

Koh Pha gnan is a good place as any really. Most of Thailand is touristed as fuck, and any place you find which isn't soon will be. Cops arent's always that strict tho recently yeah things have been a little tighter. Don't go to full moon parties if you can help it, chances are you'll just get arrested or harrassed by the cops for money or something stupid like that.

Me personally I'm stickin to Bangkok. I know it's not exactly the center of trance but there's always a good time to be had if you know where to look (or do a little exploring).