psytrance in thai 2003???tipps!

Guest shankarine

hi to all happy people,

i'm looking for some psytranceparties/-clubs in thailand between now and march 2004. can anybody help?? please!!!

I'm here at the university in bangkok and noone's around who is as ADDICTED TO GOASOUND as i am.... no "travellers" here - just students :-)

I can't go to khoPhangan anytime i need my portion of bass because it's too far from here.

please help me to survive. thanks!

** little german girl in bangkok **

Hate to say this but you're out of luck, girl. The only constant source of psychedelic/progressive trance in Bangkok, namely "Om Trance Bar" on Silom Soi 4 is no more; "Speed" right next door extended and now the former premises of Om host a bunch of b-boys and fly girls swinging their bodies to the rhytms of Missy Elliot and what not.

So you need to ask yourself: Is it better to be a Goa-purist, or could you try and enjoy the more "mainstream" -clubs in Bangkok? If the answer to latter is yes, and you could do with some tips, let me know (Although the chances are, you know the usual suspects already.).

Which uni do you study in? Assumption?

Guest shankarine

thanx for your answer!

hm... in munich all my friends envieded me when i was leaving because everyone said thailand's the best place to go for goa-fans....

but now i'm out of luck :-(

I really tried not to be a Goa-purist - you can believe that - but i am...

well i also like trance, ambient, funk and stuff - but it's not the same! especially if you wanna dance.

do you know some URLs where i could find goa-partydates? in germany i used www.goatrance.de/goabase and i always found what i was looking for. but here i don't know how to start searching.

so if anyone knows a party PLEASE TELL ME !!

what's about other towns in thailand? except kho phangan.

besides psytrance which places and clubs can you recommend (nice, cool and not-mainstream people <- should not sound arrogant!)?

thanx a lot for any help!!!

PS: I'm at AIT/computer science. but if i won't get my portion of sound i'll become a real bad student...worse and worse :-)

• 4 weeks later...

hi there, well, if u find anywhere, let me know, cos im heading up to bkk soon, im on kpgn where, as u know, the parties are reel nice. but ill be here for a little while yet..

james