Anyone been to Mykonos?

A friend of mine when to Greece for a month and spent time on a lot of the isles. She told me that Myknonos was the best party island she has ever been too, 10 times better that Ibiza. I was just wondering if anyone here has been there? I REALLY wanna go now, so I'm saving up 1200 to go by Summer 2004....I wanna wait until this "On Verge of War" thing has kinda subsided, ya know?

Guest Diamondbackrider

I was in the greek isles about eight years ago and I´d recommend Iios, not Mykonos (gay paradise). However, I think that the atmosphere differs a lot from Ibiza. If you wanna go to Greece, go to the Samothraki psyfestival, you won´t regret it!!!

Guest Hallucinogenious

Mykonos is the most famous greek party island .. Its very glam,trendy etc etc ... the *high society* goes there ..

it's a small island, has a lot of clubs, Cavo Paradiso is the most famous (Sasha,Digweed,Morales....) are playing sometimes there.

If you're a gay then its your paradise. Pierro's is the most famous gay bar ..

Also:

Paros is good, has a lot of winds there, its called 'The Island of Winds'

Santorini rocks! Its a island with a old volcano and it has the best sunset.. (better than Cafe Del Mar .. ;p)

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Mykonos last summer, on a side trip after Samothraki Festival.

I tell you, it's not a psychedelic place at all. Nice village. It's kind of a trendy place. Music around is shitty dance/house/radio/cluby stuff.

No offense, but... Do your friend really know about psytrance parties ??? Or he likes to get drunk by a pool listening dance music...

Anyway, better go to the next Samothraki festival, if there is one next year... Or maybe Thailand... Dunno... Wherever...

• 2 weeks later...

i ve been to mykonos twice (all greek people MUST go to mykonos-everyone does)... the second time i was there, a friend had the opportunity of getting hold of a VERY nice house (with pool - but next to the sea and the best view to smoke to) we left the house only at nights so we could drink some drinks while walking from bar to bar (if there was enough space to walk)... and we didnt leave the house only twice because it was nice, but as someone said above, its not at all a psychedelic place....

the best electronic music scene there is as hallu said cavo paradiso so imagine what crap music is played over there....

go to any other greek island - you wont regret it.. i suggest you go to this years samothraki (or at some other festival if there will be any others going on) and theres nothing to worry about wars and shit... FUCK them the governments want to terrorise us so they can impose their will - why should any terrorist want to do something in greece ? no way IMO...

Guest psiloms-thetribe

(all greek people MUST go to mykonos-everyone does)... that's just a load of crap ... c i'm greek and i've no intention to visit the island ever in my life... why? what do i really need in my summer vacation? to see some gay men having fun while playing hide the salami? (the gay men aren't greek though ... i should emphasise the island is a meeting place of all them foreign faggets european , asian , american) You can also see trendy girls wearing prada shoes and dkny clothes.

I guess your friend has it all mixed up in her head. Maybe she liked greek lovers (she will come back if that's the reason). Tune in for infos on summer festivals in Greece and come. p-h-u-k mykonos