whos goin to goa?

are alot of people going to goa this december? whos going? because i plan to go but i still do not know enough yet, how much are things like hotels... how much is it to rent a motorbike? and how old do u have to be because im under 18?

please telll me everything u know about goa

peace

Guest Dr. Cheroot

i'll be there :)

yeah, u gotta be 18 to ride a bike in goa, unless you get a kinetic honda (without gears, but good enough for Goan roads), for which u need to be 17 and have a valid license (international will do).

it's not scary, but i recommend you have a couple of older friends going with you. The reason i say is you might be bullied by the local police due to your age (don't expect too much politeness from the cops there), and not to be presumptious, but let's face it, you are more like to be less cautious about a lot of things at your age, which might land you in trouble in a foreign, developing country.

i heartily recommend you go (especially if you've travelled a lot before), but please try to take along some friends you can trust.

lemme know if you have any more questions.

Guest Ktrance

I'll be there with a coupe of friends, we are goa in the beginning of december and leaving in the middle of january ..

Hope to see u all there

-Ktrance

Guest Dr. Cheroot

like i said..get some friends you can trust!!! not off some online forum.

:)

i would go with you, but your nickname scared me off.

;)

just kidding.

where are u from btw?

an additional forum for finding people to travel with, is the Thorn Tree on the Lonely Planet website.

Guest Stephen

I'll be there around the 10th Jan, staying for a month or so. Would have arrived earlier but no flights from the UK could be found that wouldn't totally break my bank balance.

There should still be loads of parties in January. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Guest flying kundalini

forget anjuna/vagator.. its all gone pete tong.. euro clubbers wearing smart shoes and clubbing gear.. join us in the south

bom

hey ya

me and one of my mates will be travelling through India for about 9 or 10 weeks, a few of which we will spend in Goa probably starting on Xmas day till maybe mid-Jan. We're both from New Zealand, but currently resident in London.

Guest -= Rishi =-

A liscence though required is never carried, you can see very young kids riding around on mobikes. Also if you look underage the cops wont hassel you as much, unless your behavior warrants it.

Stephen - me and a mate paid £536 (including tax) return to Delhi from london leaving on 22 Dec and returning 24 Feb with Syrian Airlines via fareworldtravel.com.

What did you pay, and with who etc?

• 2 weeks later...

Gokarna is in the state immediately south of Goa - called Karnatka. Its not that far south of the border - the Lonely Planet on Goa has a small section on Gokarna, and it looks very relaxed

Gokarna is in the state immediately south of Goa - called Karnatka. Its not that far south of the border - the Lonely Planet on Goa has a small section on Gokarna, and it looks very relaxed and chilled.