Bali

Hi all,

together with a mate I'll head for Bali for three weeks, we'll probably leave around februari. This would be our first "real" trip, we been on holiday before but always packages via a touroperator.

Hell, I haven't been further than Spain in my entire life, so this will be quite an experience I suppose.

I bought myself a lonely planet guide, seems pretty good with good info...

Any of you got some tips for a traveller newbie in Bali, what to do, what not to do. I guess dope 's out of the question ;) but that's no prob...

Any parties in Bali in februari?

Peace ;)

Stay id Ubud, great beach and relatively hassle-free compared to, say, Kuta. Dunno about parties though. You'll come across plenty of weed to smoke, no prob, most of which comes from Aceh on Sumatra and the quality varies.

You'll no doubt come to notice that Rupiah is still incredibly low in value, the rate is something like 1 euro to ~9000 rupiahs. You can have a nice place to stay for around 20,000R, although Bali is not as cheap as some other places in Indonesia. Great food also, and pretty girls. ;)

Guest StoNeY!

Lol Järsimähäiriö ;)

I figured you made a mistake ;) I was already checkin' my lonely planet to see the Ubud is in the centre, but a collegue from work told me it's very nice too, we'll check that out too.

I'll definetly check out Lovina, seems ok, and I don't want to much hassle since it's our first trip.

But we'll move around I guess, got about three weeks, and I hope to see as much from Bali as possible.

I been told to avoid Kuta, is it really that bad, even off-season? I figured Kuta would come in handy to do some shopping...

Oh yeah, about the weather, we'll be travelling at the end of the wet season I think, will it be ok? It does get sunny, right?

Thanx dude ;)

Guest Adz Om

where is best for trance parties in Bali, Lombok island?

any particular times of the year?

and what about for clothing and banners etc i would have thought Kuta was maybe good for just that reason alone.

go check out the Monkey Forest in Ubud 8]

I would say Ubud is a nice place, quite interesting.

Kuta is not that bad. Hectic for sure, many drunk Aussies around but good fun sometimes and nice wave to beggin surfing. Just don't get stuck there to long!

Favorite place is Bukit Peninsula : Ula Watu surfspot (for the view at least) and temple... PadangPadang....

Try to rent a car and go around the island but beware of the touts in LakeBatur area... You DONT need any of them !

Many more to see I guess !

Many excelent shrooms !!! but grass was perfect crap (back in 97), and dangerous to get. No skins around neither.

Kamu mempunyai jamur yang dapat di makan ilmu sihir?

Just ask for magic mushies, that's international. ;)

Touts are dudes trying to convince you of the excellency of something, be it products or services or anything. In general, young loud-mouthed males, that can be really persisting and annoying. ;)