Australia

Guest PsikotriP

Ok im from Montreal and might try to go for like 6 months in Australia if any of you boomerang throwers out-there could help me pls:)

1) What city has the most parties, goa and psy related culture?

2) does that city have a lot of jobs ( anything like Mcdonalds or something like it)

3) How much is a aussie Dollar worth ( approx)

4) where is the crocodile hunter's zoo

if you have any additional info on like where are cheap places to sleep ect pls tell it hehe

thx in advance:)

1) What city has the most parties, goa and psy related culture? - melbourne

2) does that city have a lot of jobs ( anything like Mcdonalds or something like it) - definitely

3) How much is a aussie Dollar worth ( approx) - half the US (so cheap)

4) where is the crocodile hunter's zoo - queensland (about 2500kms north of melbourne)

see you soon MATE - you'll have a fucking ball

check out www.oztrance.com for all psy things aussie style

Melbourne and Sydney are equally matched. Melbourne's alternative culture is very easy to find, but Sydney has just a good culture, it's just smoothered a bit by the fact that Sydney is pretty damn big. Sydney also has more psytrance parties than Melbourne, but Melbourne has more international acts playing and generally a more commercial vibe at their bigger parties. Melbourne has bitchier politics, mostly due to the wider divide between commercial and underground psytrance parties. But it's been a year an a half since I've been to Oz, so I guess things could have changed. There's also plenty of jobs in both cities and accomodation is easy to find.

To be honest, I'd suggest you try to split your time between the two. And maybe a month or two up near [but not in] Byron Bay as well.

Adz - Although I haven't seen it for myself, pretty much all of the people I know who live on the North Coast are often complaining about the state of the central area of Byron Bay - it's basically now a tourist destination - rent is soaring, and a lot of the cool little stores and places that made Byron so cool are moving away. Basically, it's selling out. :-(

Guest monashstudent

just thought i'd share a little info with you all about a crackerjack summer party line up in australia:

huxflux

safi connection

atomic pulse

psysex

skazi & parasense new years beach party (rumour)

raja ram and simon p will be down under

eclispe festival (reefer decree & eat static)

earthcore (juno reactor, reefer decree, x-dream)

astral projection

infected mushroom (heard a rumour)

GMS

Son Kite

and of course

mr peculiar

fractal glider

plus more to be announced for rainbow serpent festival and summer dreaming

bring on the warm weather (eascape winter all of youse and come down under)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Spiralfire

"Although I haven't seen it for myself, pretty much all of the people I know who live on the North Coast are often complaining about the state of the central area of Byron Bay - it's basically now a tourist destination - rent is soaring, and a lot of the cool little stores and places that made Byron so cool are moving away. Basically, it's selling out. :-("

Yep, sadly it is true! Byron has changed so much in the last three years, not many hippies in the streets, shit loads of tourists, cars, clothes shops, etc... the unique vibe it had is fading

but there are plenty of bush doofs in them there hills ;]