Nepal

Guest psygroove

Hey everybody, I am planning to visit Nepal in October. I am mainly going there for trekking and to visit a friend, but if anybody has any usefull information (maby even psy related) I would appreciate that. Maby we can meet up ? Drop me line to: acev@gmx.de or just contact me on ICQ# 150156279

I am already very excited, but first I have to finish my Diplomarbeit :-[

Guest * Vlad *

- I'd suggest you avoid the main trekking circuits, like the Anapurna or everest base camp, as it became tourists highways.

Try for exemple trekking towards Langtang or more out of the way mountains.

- An amazing experience is doing a few days safari in the southern Chitwan national park. Don't book thru a Kathmandu travel agency : Go there by coach & chose a guide once you're there.

It's as good as some African safari trip & it will cost you near nothing.

- If you're a bit sporty, try rafting down the Trisuli river ( easy, takes about 3 days) , or even better the Sunkosi river ( some compare it to the Colorado, 10 days minimum).

Might be quite wild in October after the rainy season so watch out ..

Enjoy..

Guest psilou

... but even things like annapurna are not overcrowded cause nepal is facing a massive lack of tourists... which is your advantage cause you're treated like a king...

if you're in pokhara check hardrock cafe (ask for dinesh 'digital-junkie', he'll know if something is on... in spring there wasn't so we just did something...and the locals got quiet excited but were very supporting...)

if you wanna know more, send me an e-mail...