India. mid May - mid july?

Guest psycle

hey guyz...looks like i'll finally be goin' back to india in a couple of weeks and im SOOOO lookin' forward to it...my only problem is that i have NO clue as to whatz gonna be goin' on during that time so any help, ANY, will be GREATLY appreciated:-)

thanx!

ps...i'll be in the north most of the time will swing south for a couple of dayz/weeks.

Guest Daan

well, go to the manali area, i would say. i haven't been there myself yet, but for parties it's the place to be this time of the year. north india (with the himalaya's) is a very interesting region, i know from my own exeperience: beautifull landscape, both hindu and buddhist culture, more relaxed people, and not so hot in the summer.

manali itself is a bit of a concrete hotel town, i've been told, but the area must be very nice.

next full moon (may 26) big party near manali, somebody told me. i guess there's many parties anyway.

enjoy and see you next full moon!

love 'n' light from kathmandu,

daan

P.S. i will be thankfull for any info on parties in the area. anybody there right now?

Guest psycle

thanx for the tip Daan!....i'll be goin' to Manali for sure this time...been putting it off for a while now. I'll also be in delhi for a couple of weeks so hopefully i'll find something there. any idea about Pushkar??...or is it too hot for that right now?..if therez something goin' on there im gonna be there for sure...my 'home' isn't too far from there...just a couple of hours north in Bikaner/Ganganagar dist. once again, thanx for the info. and if i hear about anything goin' on in Nepal...i'll be sure to let ya know :-)

Guest Daan

thanks psycle, but i actually ment info for the manali area, because i know what it's like in nepal:

tourism is down with 50%, there's a curfew for nepali, many nepali get killed every day, all because of the trouble with the maoist.

not a good time for parties.

but if things get better, there might be some nice parties near pokhara. there's been nice parties there before, last november for example.

see ya!

Guest nasha

jes,best place to go,if you want party-manali .I spend the last 2 months there,and sit now in dehli to go europe.Manali is a city,but everybody stay in old-manali,a very nice old village.When you walk more up the road,you find many nice rooms to stay-that higher that better,like often.Rasta-cafe is the partyconnektion.Takachi,a japanese freak ones the place and he have a very nice soundsystem.

Like many nice places,manali have many israelis,but what to do............

The partysituation is very nice there,police dont make trouble,little backchisch,lots of good smoke and many nice partyplaces.The seasen goes till september/okt.

More question?(andy_india@gmx.de) BOLENATH

i don't know about you guys, but i really liked kasol village... a bit away from old manali, quite near manikaran,, heavy israeli influence in that place... but good peaceful, and if you want to go off the road, there are lots of villages in and around the valley.....

btw. psycle, delhi has a scene, but i wonder whether anything will be on right now... the parties will be in clubs because of the heat, and so i think you will have to wait till the rains to find a good party in delhi.

Guest Rishi

If youre in Mumbai (Bombay) check out the clun Fire N Ice on Tuesdays, Astrix might be on during that time

Guest Daan

partyinfodelhi@yahoo.com informed me about a party on may 4. so there's things happening in dehli.

Guest Mugmez

I got back from Manali a couple of weeks ago. Old Manali is like an suburb to Tel-Aviv. Alot of people where talking about parties and there was some small ones, Vashisht is "more shanti" but very much into the scene. For me the best place is in Parbati Valley, very beutiful, loaded with freaks ( as someone said heavy Israeli influence in Kasol and Manikaran ) and there will probably be parties there. For a more laidback place, go to Pulga / Kalga or Kiri Ganga in upper Parbati. If you wan't experience something very weird, try Malana... It's MAD.

yeah Malana is MAD... the guys there are totally nuts... i guess thats what centuries of the smoking the best quality cream does to you... if you touch one of the guys from that village, you have to pay a fine.... its quite a trek from the main road... but its something one has to go and experience...

btw.. daan there are parties happening, but they are in clubs.. clubs = boring... i dunno but unlike the west, in India no party is good unless people are totally free to do exactly what they want (i.e. one can do whatever one wants without a black bouncer coming and throwing him out).. so the good parties are always outdoors, and ones where the chillum can be enjoyed when the sun is rising... so for me clubs are quite blah... and its too hot right now in delhi to have an outdoors scene.. so wait for the rains or head up to manali via the bus...