What to do in Dallas

Hi

I'm going to be 6 weeks in Dallas (from 15 April)

any good places to go ?

any good parties ?

any goa life in Dallas ?

thx in advance

see ya!

--

caio

Guest Pringles

Dallas, Texas, USA? Well I live an hour from there and the answer to all your questions is a clear NO. The closest psy scene is in Austin which is a 4-5 hour drive from Dallas (http://www.texaliens.org might have some info about that). If you dont mind mainstream trance check out www.dallasraves.org, but if youre from any normal place you'll be dissapointed at the crappy scene. These are just my opinions though so someone else might actually enjoy it here :) If you need any more info just ask.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr. Krelm

Hi caio! You have picked a great time to visit Texas. There is something going on almost every weekend while you are here. I am actually from Austin (I work with Texaliens), but the scenes in Dallas and Austin are very interconnected, so we all attend and keep up with events in the other city. For a brief schedule...

April 19 - "Subtronic Theater" event in Dallas with a psytrance live act and a DJ

April 20 - "Spirituality" party near Dallas (has all kinds of music, but there will be a psytrance stage)

April 20 - "Dawn's Kiss" psy-downtempo party/festival near Austin

May 3 - Psytrance upstairs at some club in downtown Dallas

May 3 or 4 - Texaliens private psy party in Austin

May 10 - Psy-breaks/downtempo party at some club in Dallas (forget the name)

May 10 - Psytrance at the Lizard Lounge club in Dallas

May 18 - A couple of the psy crews here are doing a chill/lounge area for a larger party/concert in Fort Worth called "Electric Eyeball Experience" (will be very cool)

May 23-27 - Burningman Flipside near Austin (if you can take a long weekend, I *highly* recommend coming to this...there will be a trance area running all weekend, and it is sort of a mini-Burningman)

There is also an outdoor psy party in the works in Fort Worth (about 30 minutes from Dallas) for May 17.

If you can stick around longer, there will be some more really nice psytrance events in both Austin and Dallas throughout June, July, and August.

If you have questions about any of these events, email me and I will give you more details. Same for you, pringles. Some of the events on here are "private" in that they won't be publicly promoted, but you can email me and I will make sure you get information.

There is also a mailing list for psytrancers in Texas. Most any event (except for the "private" ones) will get posted about on there.

http://www.txraves.org/mailman/listinfo/sgoa

thx for the link Dr. Krelm

I just had a contact with the mailing list :)

I'll sure meet you in one of those parties

cya

--

caio / alex

Guest Dr. Krelm

Oh yeah, I forgot to give the links of people doing psytrance events in Dallas:

Universal Mind Productions - www.umprod.com

OMScape - www.omscape.com

Mistical Productions - www.angelfire.com/tx2/misticalproductions

And for Austin

Texaliens - www.texaliens.org

Last Laugh - www.last-laugh.com