Shiva dancing in Gokarna, India

Hello :-)

I will be in Gokarna February 25. I've heard there's a Hindu festival hapening the end of this month. Suposedly it is in honour of Shiva dancing the Tandava. I'm talking about a Hindu festival, so not a psychedelic trance thing. However, this festival could be an inpsiration for a nice trance party, I guess.

Does anybody know when this festival is happening?

Any other nice things I should know about that place?

Also, if you know anything about a party in Goa, please let me know. ;-)

Thnx!

---------------------

about Shiva dancing:

http://www.courses.rochester.edu/muller-or...hiva_dance.html

Guest Full Lotus

Daan

it's probably the festival of Shivratri, and it happens all over India...Make sure you go to a Shiva temple...you may get offered some bhang lassi..enjoy and Bom Shankar(which means glory to Shiva or thereabouts)..

Yeh, but dont over do it on the bhang, it can be very hallucinogenic...

theres normally always a party in goa for

Maha Shivratri... ALWAYS.. as far as I know.. and im sure there shall be one in Gokarna... all you gotta do is prolly ask locals.. Boom Boom Party

Nachene vala, har raat...

hehehe

firangi loog...

Guest icejoker

hey jeto hope your reading this message

need your help with parties around goa

im now in arambol please send me an e-mail as soon as u can

excuse me?

:-)

thanx full lotus and jeto (and rishi).

just arrived in gokarna. looks like tommorrow is having a full moon. :-)

btw, i got that tandava thing from my travel guide book.

i'll get up for sun rise and explore the beaches and town.

yeah, i didn't know there was a guy called like that in logic bomb, but it's what i've been told.

anyways, people have been telling me parties keep being prosponed over here. the guy that told me about this one seemed pretty certain about what he said, but then again, leonard of logic bomb...?

also somebody told me he overheard an westerner ask a police officer ask when the party was going to be, the officer said the 28th. and the police should know, shouldn't they? ;-)

but you can never be sure untill it is actually happening, can you?

Guest Cosmo

Hi Daan,

Yeah, same old "@!#$"! I was in Goa 2 weeks. Came back week ago. Searching for the "perfect party" like many fellow trancers. But it's a tight situation now over there. Most of the "happenings" cancelled and controlled by "Big Brother". Hopefully there were a couple of small-scale daytime parties in Anjuna.

Take care, hope it's getting better :-( Cosmo

quite a few people have come over from goa, because of roumers of a party in gokarna (i wonder where they got those from ;-)). that's nice, because it's good meeting some of those people again.

but i don't think there's very good chances of a party. too much bakshees is demanded, there's not enough trancers around to pay for it. that's one explanation i've heard.

still, om beach is nice place to hang out, bars play nice music, people are nice too.

b.t.w. i think the logic bomb x.p. info is bull....

a small party did happen last night, not on the beach, but right at it. it was stopped before sunrise tho' :-(

b.t.w., shivratri is starting the 14th, i've been told.

Guest drops of madness

i think ure talking about the french leo??...in goa......bacardi boys???..

and cp probably will be [playing sometime....but right now the scene is not very good.....

there have been 2 or 3 parties....but unheard places.....what i've heard from there///

anyway,,,,

enjoy it!!!!

Guest drops of madness

i think ure talking about the french leo??...in goa......

and xprobably will be [playing sometime....but right now the scene is not very good.....

there have been 2 or 3 parties....but unheard places.....what i've heard from there///

anyway,,,,

enjoy it!!!!

Guest drops of madness

and xprobably will be [playing sometime....but right now the scene is not very good.....

anyway,,,,

enjoy it!!!!

Guest drops of madness

anyway,,,,

enjoy it!!!!

Guest Elise

Anyone have info of Marc Peiris who got to Gokarna 22 February approx. Thirty year old South African Sri Lankan. If you bump into him, would you tell him to get in touch with me.

Guest daanje

sorry, didn't meet that guy.

i'm in shimla now, himachal pradesh. it's a bit early to be here, many roads are still blocked by snow, but i wanted to see some himalayas before i leave the country at the end of this month.

best to all of you!

love,

daan