Sven Vath

Guest cyber

I can't beleave one comment someone made in Techno For Tibet review. He/She said sometnig like "I din't know S. Vath was making Trance". Well I got news for all of you that don't or didn't know. Sven Vath was one of the most impotrant Trance producers of all time. His earlier works were just amaising and his album "The Harlequin, The Robot, and The Ballet Dancer" is in my opinion as good as any great Goa/Psy classic. That release is a total MUST for any trance lover regardless weather you are into Goa or not. Afterall, I have Sven Vath-Harlequin Beauty and The Beast (Total Eclipse Mix). Today he is not producing Trance and sounds much more commercial but his early contributions are timeless.

Guest lespagnol

I have done this review and I m happy of your answer.I m listening trance for 4 years and I have never seen an album of sven vath in my trance shop.For me sven vath is a pionneer of pure tekno and not psychedelic trance.It depends of the frontier you make between trance and tekno.Thanks man ,now i will try to find trance stuff of this guy

Guest Ktrance

lespagnol: get "The Harlequin, The Robot, and The Ballet Dancer" its quite amazing, very different but exellent work..

Enjoy

-Ktrance

Guest Elysium Project

Well Sven Väth has done much better work (in my opinion) such as:

My Name Is Barbarella (with his project Barbarella)

Ritual Of Life (one of my favorites)

L'esperanza (another of my favorites)

You can check out a lot more of his releases this website:

Discography

Guest cyber

Oh yes Elysium!!

I remember those tracks and still have them in my collection (and his very first album):)

Ever heard his other projects Metal Master and Astral Pilot (that album Electro Acumpuncture is good too)?

Man that was sooo long ago and it feels like yesterday :)

well he came to goa... in 93 seaseon, as self proclaimed techno pope/./ didn't really work out that well.. he brought a couple of quintals of vinyls and it turned out that the red dust of goa (created by thousdands of stomping feet at the parties, for those of you who have not experienced the kicckin up of dust in a goa party)blew his set up, because he had a lot of trouble with his equipment.. now i wasn't there at that time, so this is just news you get from others second hand..

that aside, sven vath definitely was one of the pioneers of the atmospheric kind of sound of clubby trance.. but that was then and now is now... today i wouldn't listen to his old style if i was paid.. i am sure he wouldn't either.... or maybe on the issue of getting paid, he might confer...

L'esperanza was my favourite SV track... beautiful.

bomble

Guest Captain Chapora

well cyber i don't want to sound mean, but son kite, noma are way more programmed and technical than old sven vath la esperanza etc... be open minded and go for a son kite live... if their scando funk wave of sound style with subtle changes does not infect you, i would be surprised... the bad thing with these minimal acts though, is that they just stick to 'their' (minimal) style of music, i seriously think that if markus starts to look out of his 'swede' spectrum in his dj sets, he would be a much better dj.. as a dj he lacks variety, but as an artist they are very talented...

i may have been a bit too hyperbolic in denouncing sven vath's old style i still listen to it sometimes. it is definitely worth hearing, but son kite and noma (technically and productionwise) are another class as it stands today, maybe that will change yet again when the german pioneer manifests his new style..

anyways this is my opinion//

Guest cyber

To Captain Chapora:

Just so you don't misunderstand me I never tried to disrespect Son Kite and Noma. If that's your cup of tea then go for it. I consider myself very open minded. Hell, I'd have to be because my favourite label is Psy harmonics. To make a long story short, music in my opinion should never be technical. I think it should be fun end/or emotional (angry, happy, sad etc..), and repetative minimalism just doesn't emhasize those values for me (again I still respect it even though I don't like it). Good, clear production is always welcome but it's the content that moves me.