Good GOa record shops in Europa

Guest Axis Mundi

Hello everyone!

I'll be traveling to Europe for the summer very shortly, and while I'm thereI'd like to stop and extensively shop for records while I am there. I am planning on visiting London, Amsterdam, Cologne (Koeln), Berlin, Munich and Budapest.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some names of good stores to check out in those areas, or just any that you can think of.

Thanks everyone!!

Slainte!

Axis Mundi

I can only speak for London, so I will leave it to someone else to tell you about the other cities... But, when you are in London check out Psychedelic Mind Temple at Camden Market... Small, but nice shop... Also, right across the street from that, check out the Cyberdog-shop... It has a small selection of Cdz - including some psy... The Cyberdog in Covent Garden is also worth a look! ;o)

Sister Ray is Soho might also interest you, though I wasn't impressed the last time I was there... When in Soho, also check out Reckless Records in Berwick Street who specializes in used records... I have found a few gems there! ;o)

Finally there's the larger commercial stores, like HMV, Virgin and Tower who seem to have NO PSY at the first glance, but if you look for it you will find it... Mostly from English labels like Flying Rhino, Blue Room, Dragonfly, Transient, etc...

That's some of the stores that I know in London... I know there are more... Take a stroll down Camden High Street, Soho, Covent Garden and I'm sure you'll find more!

Good luck and happy hunting!

DeathPosture