Doof -- Let's Turn On

Just got a copy of this album on CD (the Twisted release). Just before the 6 minute mark of the first track (let's turn on) the music cuts out for a bit, and this scratchy fuzzy noice takes it's place, then the music comes back clear and the track ends. The CD is new and has no visible flaws. Anybody else notice this on their copy?

Guest antic

Yes, I got it too. It also happens at the beginning of Youth of the Galaxy - the same scratchy sound... To bad they didn't checked it before printing, as I always thought about Twisted as high-quality manufacturer...

Guest StoNeY!

yups, think the Twisted is a re release... I got it two and I have the same problem, but it doesn't bother me too much, for the rest it's a great cd...

Dam, that sucks. I used to have the original TIP release which was flawless. I really like the first track and it's all scratchy right at the peak.

Hey antic, I noticed it in Youth of the Galaxy too, but it's not nearly as bad which is good because that's another wicked song.

That's really shitty that they would release something like that. I'm not impressed.

Guest hoffy

That's @!#$. Get a copy of a friend or of Audiogalaxy and make yourself a new copy with a CD Burner.. it won't be quite the same but at least you wouldn't have to put up with a @!#$ copy..

there's nothing worse then trancing out to a wicked track and having the moment ruined by a "distorted hiss"!!!!!

and doof's album is *definately* not something i'd want to have ruined for me.... It's a favourite. Not too big on "Youth of the Galaxy" (its a bit cheesy), but I can't get enough of "Mars Needs Women"... and of course, "ANGELINA" which is the most AWESOME track... should have remembered that one for the "morning music" post....

Guest StoNeY!

like I said, it doesn't bother me too much, so I'm not gonna spend my time searching for it on ag and burnin' it and stuff.

Say, dam10n, are there any other differences between the twisted and the tip release?

And now we're at the subject, I just love practically everything Nick Barber has made. I got his two albums, the two yeti's and 13skulls. Anything else he has done that's worth searching for?

tnx

Guest dam10n

stoney,

dunno if anyother differences... as far as I was aware tip just allowed twisted to run a rerelease. Nick Barber I quoted in a philosophy exam and got a first grade for it. In terms of other stuff he's involved with... well did the artwork for the raja ram's stash bag album :)

nah I think he has a hand in the cyberbabas, a lot of people are uncredited on cyberbabas tracks.

Thinking about it, I interviewed nick last year after it's about time came out, just uploaded it to http://www.psytrancereviews.btinternet.co.uk/doof.htm

there ya go.