copying minidisc 2 Cd....

Guest flyingkundalini

..via the new windows app (XP?)..

sorry 'bout the off topic but I need to know ASAP

i wanna copy a minisic to a CD-R via this weird media player that I have no idea about - and if poss convert the track marks on the minidisc to the CD - its a mix so theres no gaps - ....... - can I plug the MD into the soundcard somehow?..and how?

imminent help would be much appreciated..

THX in avdvance

BomS

Guest Mike Indidginus

You could record the minidisc into a sample editor if you have one and then burn the .wav straight onto the CD. There may be simpler and less time consuming way to achieve the same result, but I don't know them I'm afraid... Plugging the minidisc direct into the soundcard depends on what sort of jack connections you have...

Guest lifeform

yeah... win xp doesn't really have any sound editing or recording tools, so you might want to find some software of the web that would translate the sound alittle better then wavplay or whatever it's called. I used to put my MD into my delta 44 soundcard and record into cooledit actually and then burn the wavs as audiofiles in cdcreator. Too bad my mindisc broke... i accidently spilled a coke on it when i was driving, that sucked.

Guest Jonathan Swayze

Well.... if you plan on using your portable, you most likely don't have an optical out, in which case you'll just have to use a cable with a mini-jack on both ends, one for your player, one for the appropriate input on your soundcard. You will introduce a degradation in quality as the digital sound will be passed via an analog cable before once again becoming digital on your computer. You will have to record the input as a .wav, or whatever format you think best, but .wav is easiest for most programs to burn immediately to a CD-R (some formats require a conversion to .wav). You will have to manually separate the tracks in a wav or sound editor using this method.

If you can get a hold of someone's portable with an optical out (very rare and expensive), or a home unit with optical out (not so rare, yet expensive too!), and your computer has something like a livedrive II with optical ins, or a soundcard with optical ins, you can make a perfect copy of the MD as it sounds on the minidisc (provided you got the optical cable too).... you will most likely have to manually set up the recording, and as above it can be recorded into many formats depending on your software, but .wav is probably preferable again. You will have to manually separate the .wav by cutting and pasting into new waveforms using your software editor... sorry... but there is no way to duplicate the track marks... but using your editor you can see the song's waveform, and you can make it so no gaps exist by cutting out all the blank spots, should they exist....

Guest psydancer

jonathan swayze .. which world are you living in .. optical outs ? rare and expenxice .. go down to ur closest sony outlet dude .. everything has optical outs these days, including discmans ..

wake up and smell the optical outs ..