A Better Life Through Chemistry

Hello

Has anyone heard this new Dragonfly release yet? How is it? Is it like the latest Order Odonata and Kamaflage compilations or is it an other style? How is the Prometheus track?

Thanks

PK

the prometheus track is wonderful it's just got a release on 12" as well.

this is the review I did for the www.psytrancereviews.btinternet.co.uk email list...

Various

A Better Life Through Chemistry

Dragonfly (UK)

Celebrating their tenth anniversary in 2002, Dragonfly's fist CD of the year is a chunky, progressive voyage that's packed with surprises. 12 Moons' Beacon opens up proceedings with an almost tech-house feel with a killer bassline and really builds up in a way you just can't resist. It's a definite classic that gathers energy from nowhere unlike anything else you've heard. Matina's Rock Climber is a nice progressive number, and Tristan's remix of Black Sun's Invisible Cities is a chunky odyssey of fat and unnerving psychedelia. Prometheus' Cambodia is sheer sonic genius, and Bamboo Forest's Awake is a violent assault on the dancefloor. The overall result is a fresh and dancefloor-friendly set of tunes representing, as Dragonfly always has, the cutting edge of psychedelic trance.

9/10

therefore good but different.

the promo arived this morning so I don't know about the release date. but it's prometheus' cambodia and I *think* the bamboo forest one on the flip (but don't quote me on that.)

trust me it's real, i'm not fantasising here!!!

FBS was better living through chemistry and i think it's quite an old album

it's from some leary-era californian nonsense about psychedelics curing headaches or something.

This has been released for a while - I listened to it in my local record store (that usually takes ages to get anything in). First impressions : the prometheus track is huge, the others didn't immediately grab me enough to buy it then, but I shall give it another try.

bomble