Robert Leiner /Source /The Source Experience?

I wonder why this artist and his project are never mentioned here and are not reviewed?

It seems he was a pioneer of the (so good!) scando sound with a liquid/minimal style (déja!).

Here is the known discography:

Robert Leiner: Visions Of The Past

The Source Experience: Different Journeys

The Source Experience: The Source Experience - 93

Source: Organized Noise - 92

It will be very cool if someone could give a point on these.(wich are the best?)

Info are also welcome...

I hope he hadn't turn wrong like other great names of that period, doing now the worst existing club/com @!#$ !

thanks all!

Guest Dr. Krelm

I believe he also did a killer remix of the Juno Reactor track "Magnetic". I've never heard anything else by the guy, but it speaks volumes when somebody can remix a Juno Reactor track and actually make it sound better than the original track. :)

i was playing 'organized noise' myself only last night, and thinking that this guy is/was so good,it's a shame he doesn't put out more stuff.his early cds were a big influence on me.

i have only three-

'organized noise'-the source----------techno trance with a tribal feel [only 47 mins long-more like an ep with short tracks] 1992/93?

'visions of the past'-robert leiner---------superb downtempo/ambient trance--full length cd 1993?

'different journeys'---the source experience--------full-on techno/trance with pioneering use of sampling techniques etc 1994

yeah,he did an amazing semi-junglist/ technodub remix of 'magnetic' by juno reactor and is also an outrageous dj with advanced mixing techniques etc.i was lucky enough to hear him spinning in london in '94?95 i think.he also had a track on the first 'return to the source' 2cd

the latest thing i know of that he has done is to compile the new-ish 'distance to goa' 2cd,but i want to hear more of his own stuff.i would be interested in hearing if anyone else has more news.

Guest Stormbringer

I´m sitting here wondering what to review (I have atleast +100 ep´s not review yet) and since you have started to talk about Sourcerobban as we call him in Sweden I think I got something pretty old but still interesting?

Anybody heard of the:

Hedningarna Remix Project released on Silence Records?

Remixes of the swedish folkmusic band Hedningarna by:

Anti (Spiral Trax) and Samuel

Max Reich

Robert Leiner

I´ve even heard Anti play one of his remixes at a party some years ago. Awesome!

More nostalgia:

When Sourcerobban played (as a dj) at the Makaronifabriken (Rave) in Stockholm 1992 he went berzerk playing tracks like PCP "We have arrived", Aphex Twin Remix, at 45 rpm and even "Pong" at that speed. The Turbosoundspeakers covering almost a whole wall combined with a (very) crazy dj made a lot of people pretty deaf that night! Thank god I had earplugs!

Another time (1993) at the Sound and Vision rave in Kopenhagen he turned up the volume at 10.00 am so much that everybody run outside to avoid the audioterror. He just laughed!

Last time I saw him (1996?) he played live just before X-dream at Docklands (Stockholm) and I had no earplugs! Arrrrrgh! Good but tooooooo damn loud!

Time to review the ep!

Signing off!

Guest Elysium Project

I remember the Sound & Vision gig he did in Copenhagen....that was just before I played with my project "Tundra" also on R&S records :-)

His best ever release was the first E.P on R&S with the whales...sorry can't remember the title....anyone?

Guest AutoMath

Hehe.. good to hear people talking about one of the true swedish legends..

I've been looking like crazy for years after the organized chaos album.

Anyone wants to sell his/her copy? (Yeah right.. ) or maybe there's a possibility in obtaining a cd-copy from some friendly soul? I got material to trade but haven't got a cd-burner in the vicinity.

The Hedningarna Remix project is crazy and sometimes even silly.. don't know what to say about it. But Robban's remix is 10 times more far-out than your average demon-tea release.. True weird-out madness..

he's running his own experimental avant-trance label fleebite recordings at the moment. However strangely enough he has transformed the recordlabel to a softdrink-stockist (!!) since last time I visited the homepage. very very peculiar. Or is that just a sign of a strange sense of humour?

However his own homepage is still up though.

www.fleebite.to/infomatica.html

You can even download 2 alternate mixes from the visions from the past album! :)

Enjoy.

Hi

He played as a dj at Arvikafestivalen in Sweden last year, and the year before that, he played a live set. He has also played two times in Norway the last year. He has had a break for a few years, but he is now back with his Fleebite Records. Visions Of The Past is the best ambient album I have heard!