"Psychedelic" music

Guest lifeform

MK, i'm not using tags..Hence the Quotation marks. It's just what they are. There is a fine line between the 2, and it's very very noticable. Not picking any sides in my post at all. and it's very hard for me to enjoy minimal... Maybe a track here and there... But then i gotta listen to melodys.

Guest lÿsërgïç

alfa - nice post. i agree with all the points u made there.

i to only recently found what is special in minimal music, and it all true what u just said.

respect :)

Guest Slidingtrancer

I think jsb has a lot of humour bringing this topic up again.

The basis argument is that minimal is not bad or even unpsychedelic, it's just more simplistic musically. Whether people like it or not, that's up to them. Whether it puts people in a trance or not, that's up to them, not us viewers....

Most people like melodies though and feel the songs are too empty. I myself love melodies and don't like minimal at all, but its 'live and let live' and I don't see much of it on this forum.

Let JSB have his opinion, there is no alseeing truth about our music. Our music is so great because of its diversity and the opinions it generates. As I said before I love melodies and I didn't like any minimal up to last week when I listened to Lish, that really grabbed me and I was flabbergasted.

Guest Slidingtrancer

The basis argument is that minimal is not bad or even unpsychedelic, it's just more simplistic musically. Whether people like it or not, that's up to them. Whether it puts people in a trance or not, that's up to them, not us viewers....

Most people like melodies though and feel the songs are too empty. I myself love melodies and don't like minimal at all, but its 'live and let live' and I don't see much of it on this forum.

Let JSB have his opinion, there is no alseeing truth about our music. Our music is so great because of its diversity and the opinions it generates. As I said before I love melodies and I didn't like any minimal up to last week when I listened to Lish, that really grabbed me and I was flabbergasted.

Guest Slidingtrancer

Guest Spiralix

"We're all just passengers on a train with an unknown destination, and each time it leaves a station all the morons who forget their on a train say, 'Hey! I liked that last station! Let's go back there!"

Verry true!!

Either you like it or you dont!

Good times that has past and there will be new good times!

Psychedelic?What the heck does this mean?

This word derives from the Greek words "Psyche", which means "Soul" and "Edolon", which means "Reflection". So all what Psychedelic is about is an out of body experience, coming out of your body so that you can see the reflection of your soul. To achieve it you need no fear, no boundaries. The best way to do it is active meditation, that is dance. Then you can have the perfect spiritual image of yours.You can do it, either WITH or WITHOUT drugs and Psychedelic is not about drugs. Of course you can have this kind of experience either with full on trance or with minimalistic techno, depending on your taste.

Having been listening to this music for over six years, I have personally had many times such an experience with different styles of music.(Open air fests help too!!)

So, the conclusion is:

RESPECT to both sides whatever they listen to... (As long as it's not cheesy)