two tracks from anti's set

saw anti play last night in tokyo, one of the best sets i have ever heard indoors--beautiful, smooth, lush sounds. absolutely brilliant!

two tracks i would love to identify:

one has this sample "the thoughts keep on coming"

the other has this sample "you hold the key, open the door...your brain...your brain" (noma remix of s-range maybe?)

thanx guys

Guest Mahoney

the other one is S-range - "Out of Range (Noma´s Morning Glory mix)"... I´ts absolutely brilliant!. I had the pleasure to hear both remixes of this track as Noma and S-range played at the same party last night.. brriiilliiaanntt :)

anti mentioned to a friend of mine that it had been picked up by some big commerial progressive label for a compilation that sold boatloads (80,000 copies!). anyone know what label/compilation that might be?

re: reefer decree. i am a big reefer decree fan, but for some reason their live set was a big disappointment. it just didn't sound right. for one thing, it's definately outdoor music for the afternoon, and it needs some space to breathe. (i heard them outdoors before and they sounded great, even though it was a dj set). second, i think a bit of pre-set jitters might have tempted them to edge the gain up, because i couldn't hear the music, all i could hear was this huge bassline muffling everything. i was listening for things i knew were there because i knew the tracks, but they certainly weren't coming through. i thought it might have been a result of something a bit off with the "live" aspect of their set-up, but when their cd skipped, and went back to the beginning of the song, and then when it skipped again into a different track, i realized it was just a cd set with a bit of banging on a electric drum pad. strange, a cd should sound very good, so all i can figure is they had the levels way in the red. too bad. it kinda put people to sleep. anti, on the other hand, woke them up very nicely with an abslutely superb set--very smooth and lush and hypnotic and nothing too twisted or harsh or dark. i would characterize his set as very "feminine" without any macho-mean sounds. it created a very nice, friendly vibe in the club. probably the least "violent" vibe i have seen indoors in japan for 2 years. great great party.

anti mentioned to a friend of mine that it had been picked up by some big commerial progressive label for a compilation that sold boatloads (80,000 copies!). anyone know what label/compilation that might be?

• 2 weeks later...