New Full Track for Old School AND New School Fans

Guest Jikkenteki

Guest Jikkenteki

In the Christmas spirit (5 months early none the less) I have uploaded one of my more recent tracks, "Anger Management" for your listening pleasure. As usual, this track tries to mix elements of what I like about today's psy-trance with what I loved about psy/goa trance back in the day. Hope you enjoy it. Questions, comments, insults, etc are, of course, welcome.

http://www.par-2.com/choons/jikkentekiange...rmanagement.mp3

Best regards to all,

Jikkenteki

Guest Jikkenteki

This one had a bunch of stuff and I can't really remember EVERYTHING I used but main bits are as follows. Cubase SX as the main sequencer. Battery handling the drums with some addition percussion and sounds via Reaktor. The bass was a mix of Albino for the higher end freqs and Absynth for the lower end freqs. The leads and such were pretty evenly split between Absynth and Albino on the software side of things and a Nord Lead 1 and Virus B on the hardware side. I used CronoX for a few of the flyby sounds as well. Not in this track, but also used a lot are RMIV, V-Station and the Korg Legacy collection (and if you are wondering yes I did actually buy all this stuff.... lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Hehehe, I was in a really bad mood when I started that track, which is probably why the bass ended up like it did. I had gotten into a heated online discussion with someone involved with a label who was saying that old school was dead and there was no power in it. Needless to say I disagreed and that bass ended up being the result. lol :ph34r:

Hi Jikkentenki :)

Ive listened to your mp3 and you´re good at this!

The song is kinda empty on the layers , you could work more on the pads and etc..

But the Quality (EQ) is awesome. ;)

Keep composing more stuff and maybe i will reserve a place for you on Amithaba REC. :)

Hugz.

Here is another new track for everyone. This one is fairly old school-ish with some tribal influences in the latter half. I was going for less anger here and more of a track you can loose yourself in in a sot of groovy meditative way so it has a lot more "space" than Anger Management did. Its also rather long clocking in at 13:50

http://www.par-2.com/choons/jikkentekinext.mp3

Enjoy!