trance-health problems ??

Guest elfredfox

hi there !

i have health problems when i compose electronic music on my computer ( synth music , goa , trance , dance ...) because all my physical energy is sucked out from my body !!

i am tired with a little bit of energy , nasal congestion , asthmatic ..

i don't smoke nor drink nor take drugs !! i compose in front of my computer during 4-5 hours

i enjoy very much composing electro music but i am really annoyed with this health problem

but i don't have these problems when i play acoustic sounds on my synths like piano , ...

i think my problem comes from the vibrations of the synth sounds !! you know : the boom boom of the kick drum + the fast riffs basslines

i have seen the goa stars like hallucinogen , juno reactor , total eclipse , laurent garnier , psychaos in live acts and these artists don't seem to be in good health !!

i know that hallucinogen takes a lot of melatonine pills !!!!

if someone experiment the same problems or have a solution for me , let me know please !!

thanks !

That sounds sort of ridiculous :P

4-5 hours?

Perhaps you need to get out and get some exercise

Do you eat well? Do you have lots of stress?

Simon Posford is a drug maniac! I think that's HIS problem ;P

(I don't really know how many drugs he does but he certainly is into drugs on SOME level)

Personally, I feel more energetic from writing and listening to music (of ANY type)

Guest soliptic

4-5 hours? Hehe, i do it 20 hours a day, and i only have... er... bad eyes, bad skin, bad teeth, bad smell, bad back, bad lungs... hmm, ok, maybe you have a point

seriously tho i doubt it is to do with BASS - more likely

(a) staring at the screen too long - get a decent monitor - big, so you dont have to squint at it, and clean and sharp and not wobbly - hurts your eyes less.

(B) bad posture - are the chair - desk - monitor - keyb - mouse spaced out correctly ?

© bad chair - GET A COMFY CHAIR ... really... the most comfortable you can, you're gonna be there long enough.

Guest elfredfox

my answer tp hels :

i compose 4-5 h per day and it's not ridiculous ! i am a serious composer

my trance tracks are even better than professional artists :) there are many bull shits in goa compilations nowadays so i prefer to compose my own music than to buy their cds ( i am a nostalgic of goa during 1995-1997 )

i eat well and do some sports : that 's why i know what is to be in good shape !!

and i have a lot of stress , a lot really because i compose in various styles : orchestral , trance , movie themes , pop.....

i am stressed by my gear : computer crashing , multiple softwares ....

yes , hallu takes lsd but he's however the best !! :)

my answer to soliptic :

i have a same symptoms than yours : i have also my brain spinning all the day but i am fed up with these health problems !! sometimes , i stop completely to use my synths during 3 months and i regain my good fitness !!

i think the vibrations of the synth sounds is not good for my health : heavy kickdrums+ heavy basslines !!

however , i still love this goa trance music !!:)

Guest WOggz

I think you're not working at it right!...

I used to have those problems, not really physical but mental. after a whiule u just learn to jam and be with the music and not try and createi t, let it flow, if it doesn't flow perfectly, what use is it? what use is music unless it's perfect? only perfect music comes from deep within...not from mere patterns and creation(why gms is not perfect or even good music), If it's truely what you feel, that which is what you're making then you won't feel bad mentally at all. in fact instead of the energy getting sucked out, you'll be rejuvinated. But i'm no spokesperson for healthy livin, i drink and smoke a lot of the green, and play a lot of games. ANd eat lots of fried food, and greasy foood....i'll probably die before i hit 30 with some heart attack ors omethin i need to get out to more parties, to get my weekly exercise: -) then the rest of the week i can sit around and be a fat ass:-D

Guest WOggz

I used to have those problems, not really physical but mental. after a whiule u just learn to jam and be with the music and not try and createi t, let it flow, if it doesn't flow perfectly, what use is it? what use is music unless it's perfect? only perfect music comes from deep within...not from mere patterns and creation(why gms is not perfect or even good music), If it's truely what you feel, that which is what you're making then you won't feel bad mentally at all. in fact instead of the energy getting sucked out, you'll be rejuvinated. But i'm no spokesperson for healthy livin, i drink and smoke a lot of the green, and play a lot of games. ANd eat lots of fried food, and greasy foood....i'll probably die before i hit 30 with some heart attack ors omethin i need to get out to more parties, to get my weekly exercise: -) then the rest of the week i can sit around and be a fat ass:-D

Guest WOggz

Guest WOggz

I think you're not working at it right!...I used to have those problems, not really physical but mental. after a whiule u just learn to jam and be with the music and not try and createi t, let it flow, if it doesn't flow perfectly, what use is it? what use is music unless it's perfect? only perfect music comes from deep within...not from mere patterns and creation(why gms is not perfect or even good music), If it's truely what you feel, that which is what you're making then you won't feel bad mentally at all. in fact instead of the energy getting sucked out, you'll be rejuvinated. But i'm no spokesperson for healthy livin, i drink and smoke a lot of the green, and play a lot of games. ANd eat lots of fried food, and greasy foood....i'll probably die before i hit 30 with some heart attack ors omethin i need to get out to more parties, to get my weekly exercise: -) then the rest of the week i can sit around and be a fat ass:-D

Guest Kamy

As a doc, let me give you some tips and infos:

1- More than 3 hours in a seting position , your blood circulation is compromised and you'll be prone to stroke and other circulatory problems.

So why don't you stand up after 3 hours and dance for 15 min to some delicious minimal?

2- Try to eat 3 main meals and 2 snacks throughout the day with enough water. each meal should contain protein, good carbs and good fats.

Proteins you'll find in meat , cheese, soy

Good carbs are vegetables, fruits and some wholewheat bread

Good fats are in olive oile , avocados, nuts, and olives

No fried stuff, no sweetened fluids

And you are good to go on.

Kamy

Guest Kamy

As a doc, let me give you some tips and infos:

1- More than 3 hours in a seting position , your blood circulation is compromised and you'll be prone to stroke and other circulatory problems.

So why don't you stand up after 3 hours and dance for 15 min to some delicious minimal?

2- Try to eat 3 main meals and 2 snacks throughout the day with enough water. each meal should contain protein, good carbs and good fats.

Proteins you'll find in meat , cheese, soy

Good carbs are vegetables, fruits and some wholewheat bread

Good fats are in olive oile , avocados, nuts, and olives

No fried stuff, no sweetened fluids

And you are good to go on.

Kamy

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

How about a little experiment...? I seriously doubt that bass frequencies influence your health in any way, let alone the ones you describe. If so, it should be psychosomatic - if it's not, try composing for a month or so, only wearing headphones...

Being interested in psycho-acoustics, please let me know if this experiemnt works - or if any of the diet suggestions do (as I'm dead sure they will)

Andreas of Amygdala

PS. Please take this post with the slight sarcasm it deserves... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest primitive brain

our brain and body are very fragile part of us/ our brain especially is very much affected by everything around (sounds,odours,colours,food,drugs etc), so we shouldnt abuse it by sticking to the same thing for a long time/you cant stay in front of a pc writting music for 20 hours, sleep for 3hrs,shit and eat 1hr,and forget what the daylight and people look like! you ll flip out at some pointEspecially if you re stressed youll soon be looking for a 'psycho doctor'/try having a balance on everything in your life/i m not an xpert or a doctor or anything/just someone with your problem and these are the things i ve been thinkin about lately

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest The Nothing

Actually i think there are studies that show disharmonic music (repetitive music above 120bpm) can damage nerve cells in the brain.

ill have to find some and post them.

either way...i dont care, :) a life without psy is not worth living :)

hehe

-Dan