sequencer for goa ?????

Guest elfredfox

hi there !!

i compose goa with cubase vst and it's not good !!

i can't compose fast goa riffs with cubase , if you know how let me know !

i like the trackers for sequencing but they are not midis !! :(

i composed my best goa tracks with a soft axs 2.03 : i like the tracker sequencing and i can make good tight riffs , unfortunately it's not midi !

so , can you recommend me a sequencer wich can do those tracker style riffs ??

thanks

Guest soliptic

yes.... sequencers dont make music, people do! same with samples,it annoys me when i hear people saying "anyone got any good psytrance samples" ? i've never gotten a "goa sample" in my life, i have a load of triphop and latin and techstep sample cds, i use them, is that bad?

u can do this in cubase... if i have one tip about cubase... ditch VST which was horrible, and get SX which is based on nuendo and therefore (probably) rather lovely.

but ultimately you have to be happy with the interface, if u prefer tracker to piano roll, use a tracker! i keep reading about amazing midi featured trackers or tracker VSTis "in the works" but they never seem to get released, so i have no amazing suggestion for u, sorry.

or, on the other hand, if u mean "cubase cant do the fast runs" because it cannot keep solid timing on 16/32nd notes, the way that a track can ... well then u need (a) a better soundcard, with (B) asio drivers and/or possibly © a faster cpu and (d) more ram.

what i meant is that there is a way to do what you want to do in cubase.

Listen to soliptic he is right about the fact that you might need a better soundcard with asio drivers and possibly a better computer.

What computer do you have right now???

Guest elfredfox

hi !!

cubase doesn't fit my needs for goa composing !!!

i have a midiman audiophile 2496 and no problems with my vst plug ins !!

i can't program the fast riffs with cubase , if you know how , let me know?

i bought some pre programmed patterns midifiles from newtronics but it 's not terrific !!

cubase is only good for pop , dance and melodic trance !!

for example , how can you program a good acid riff with cubase at 140 bpm , 16/16 : manually, it's very difficult !! perharps if you program it step by step but it's not fun !!

with a tracker , it's very easier and fun to use !

there is the sequencer doepffer maq but i don't know if it's good ?

otherwise , i can buy a roland mc 505 for its sequencer similar to a tracker ?

thanks for your advice !

Guest trez

you can't even think about goa with a mc505.

just try some more in cubase...

quote:

for example , how can you program a good acid riff with cubase at 140 bpm , 16/16 : manually, it's very difficult !! perharps if you program it step by step but it's not fun !!

this is no problem to me!!!

Guest trez

quote:

Guest trez

quote:

It's difficult to explain here and I dont want to be someone just saying this without helping really. BUT I think you just have to exercise more...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest bandarlog

quote:

"you can't even think about goa with a mc505.

just try some more in cubase..."

yes you can, if u know how to handle one and you have other gear (VA synth) you can certainly get some nice things out of a 505. I'm sick and tired of people complaining about the 505. LEARN HOW TO USE IT! ok, admitted, it's not a superb tool but you can do more with it than the demo patterns make you believe.

My setup: mc-505, Microkorg, SU-200 (shitty sampler)

And to answer the question: don't buy a 505 for sequencing, learn cubase. The 505 doesn't resemble a tracker. If u don't get tracking in cubase, you'll certainly won't be able to sequence decently with a 505.

greetz

Guest bandarlog

quote:

"you can't even think about goa with a mc505.

just try some more in cubase..."

yes you can, if u know how to handle one and you have other gear (VA synth) you can certainly get some nice things out of a 505. I'm sick and tired of people complaining about the 505. LEARN HOW TO USE IT! ok, admitted, it's not a superb tool but you can do more with it than the demo patterns make you believe.

My setup: mc-505, Microkorg, SU-200 (shitty sampler)

And to answer the question: don't buy a 505 for sequencing, learn cubase. The 505 doesn't resemble a tracker. If u don't get tracking in cubase, you'll certainly won't be able to sequence decently with a 505.

greetz

Wierd, you can make anything with Cubase, from Classical to Hardrock and Gabber. If you can't play short notes and quick riffs, try to set your grid to 1/32 or 1/64. I did a lot with trackers and I don't see the difference. Try a VST sample player and play the same stuff as you did in trackers. There are also many midi controlled trackers. Also you can give Fruity Loops a try.