tables for a begginer

Guest krime

i wanna start spinning psy/goa and im wondering what would be an affordable set of tables to start out with, anybody got any ideas, thanks

peace,

krime

Guest dennis

reloop 4000 mkII

i have them and they are quite good.

i got my pair for 500E from ebay.but even if u get them from a shop they shouldn't be more than 650-700.(the pair)

Guest Daniel

I would go for any of the CD Turn Tables.....since that's the direction that the spinning industry seems to be going....you can do everything (and more) on the new CD turn tables that you can do on the Vinyl ones. It's a better investment IMO.

Guest preus

It really depends on your focus....

If you want to have full control over your record you´ll need a pair of turntables, another thing with vinyl is that alot of EPs and white labels gets out 1 month or some weeks before the whoel record hits the street, and theres alot of vinyl editions that can only be picked up on vinyl.

So if you are not part of Dat/mp3 mafia you still can be upfront.

About cdjs, i´ve started out with these and learned to control them pretty well, they are great when you keep them clean :) and without scratches !

But all the Cdjs outthere have a different touch on the jog wheel witch simulates a turntable (most cdjs) there is also pitch bend witch i really tend to hate, some pitch bends are plain awfull (denon 2500f just an example)

Then again alot of tracks on albums / compilations gets out on cd and on vinyl because there is more limeted space on a vinyl than on a cd.

the choice is up to you.

But as for your question goes, i would say technics 1210, you cant go wrong with that, its the best turntable out there and all of my elder friends that have been spining for more than 10 years told me this so i keep my trust in them.

If you want Cdjs Pioneer cdj100 are good, but not the best, the jogwheel spins around fast so you need a steady hand, and be gently, its a good starting point but you might aswell invest in something that will last and giv eyou better oportunities like the 500 model wich is pretty steady and firm.

Ultimate would be the 1000 model from pioneer, but those are pretty expensive.

Good Luck

Guest krime

yeah i think im looking more in the turntable direction, the cddj things are to expensive and what you were saying about vinyll i like , i dono, what is a good mixer for mixing goa/psy

Guest preus

you´ll need a mixer with three EQs on Lo Mid Hi :)

so you can cut the different freqeuncies :)

depends on weather you want to start with adding percussion, melody og bass on the track you are mixing with :)

Guest dj poliisi

if you're buying vinyl players the only good choice is to buy second hand technics 1200's because if you get bored with playing you get the same price back from those. though new is always a new.

in my opinion every other vinyl player more or less compromises technics inventions and compromises aren't never as good as the original.....

Guest krime

right now im looking at the stanton STR8-80sk ,because its affordable but it looks like a decent table, what do u guys think about this table

Guest Hallucinogenious

best:

Technics 1200 MK2 (or if you have money, MK5)

Vestax PDX-2000 or PDX-2003 (the one with the pitch joystick + ultra pitch)

;

Beginners:

Stanton STR-80

Stanton STR-60 (only available at europe)

Go for the Stanton's if you dont find a used Technics mk2 ...

Guest r2d2

There are 3 turntables I most often hear mentioned as the best and they are (in no particular order) Vestax PDX-2000, Numark TTX-1 and Technics 1200. There is also new Stanton ST-150 (or STR8-150 with straight tonearm), and just by reading their specs they sure sound promising.

Stanton STR8-80 will do the job well but unless you will scratch (they have straight tonearm which will prevent skipping whille scratching) I'd reccomend you Stanton ST-80 version with "S" shaped tonearm which is not for scratch DJ's and instead has better sound quality.

Guest dj poliisi

i'd advice that don't buy stantons

reasons are clearly marked in my last post.

check those specs alittle from different players and you'll find out

Guest Infinite Sun

Don;t waste your money on anything other than a tech 1200. The other tables, the TTX and the vestax do not hold up over time and do not hold pitch. Beatmatching is everything in psy and the only table that will not wobble is the tech. the only CDJ's that don't wobble are the pioneer 1000's. The 100's start to slip when the get dusty and beat up and the 500's don't hold up either. The tech also has a good used value too, so if you can track down good used ones then hit em up. I bought new ones for 400 US a piece and used ones go for about 300. Meaning if i ever decided to sell them i effectively onyl payed rent on them.

GO WITH THE TECH!!!

Infinite Sun how do you know TTX and Vestax do not hold up over time? TTX has not been that long on the market so there is no way you can tell that.

Judging from my experience with them they are rock solid and all parts that endure wear and tear can be easily replaced.

I didn't notice any wobble you're talking about in either CDJ-100 or TTX.

You say beatmatching is important wich I agree with and for that reason you need torque, and Tech's torque compared to Stanton ST-150, Numark TTX and Vestax SUCKS BIG DONKEY BALLS.